Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're (mostly) DONE!

We were up shortly after 5 this morning, and on the road before 6:00. Yikes. We made the 4 hour drive safely, and immediately started unloading when we got to the house. Doyle's family and my dad came to help, which was awesome! We got so much accomplished. I've unpacked and organized the ENTIRE kitchen. In fact, the only thing left to unpack are Doyle's clothes. Pretty good, huh?

I'm seriously beat, though. We just went and went all day long. Around 6 p.m. we sat down for the first time all day and realized that we were completely starving, but we'd been so busy it hadn't occurred to us to eat or drink much all day, minus a pizza slice at lunch. I love food. I never forget to eat. This should give you an idea of how crazy we were all day.

The house looks so awesome. Today's been a great day. Larry finally has his very own backyard! :D

J

·
0 Posts
Thats so awesome. What a relief and a joy that must be. Yay! Congrats to you!

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Congrats!! We helped my SIL and BIL move today, we called it quits at noon and left them to unpack! (nice, eh?) LOL

Glad you guys are all moved in. Hope you don't feel too stiff and sore tomorrow!!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Hey, glad to hear your move went well. I'm still stressing over my move in the next two weeks, wish we only had to go through a 4 hour drive....our move is a 22 hour drive. whoo hoo!

Can't wait to see pics of your new place. yay for you!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Wow! You must be exhausted today! I know I haven't been around much lately, but where did you move to? Are you graduating in May?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much everyone!! I would have checked back in last night buuuut....I fell asleep. Like a rock. ;)

Anne- we're graduating on May 11. This is technically exam week, but Doyle and I don't have exams until Thursday, so we're taking this time to be in Charleston (where we've moved to) and get the house settled. :D Doyle is living in it with a roommate (a friend of ours) until the wedding and I'm living back at my parents' house, which is only about 5 minutes away.

I was so afraid that we wouldn't have enough stuff to make it look like a house, since we're coming from apartments, and almost everything is hand-me-down. We've gotten so lucky, though. Between our two families, we've had a TON of help. Doyle's sister even gave us an entire bedroom suit that she and her husband didn't want anymore!

So yes- good weekend. :) The good news keeps rolling in, too! I'll have to let Mom update everyone on her part of that later on tonight, though. ;)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Paddysmom said:
Morning! Do you feel like Queen of the Castle today? Larry in heaven over his own yard? :)
Katherine did not stay here, but I must say that I feel quite king-like. :)

And yes, Larry is in HEAVEN in the backyard. He has been out back chasing squirrels and mingling with the neighbors' dogs through the fence. :D

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Congrats. you sure made a lot of progress in one day. Looking forward to lots of pics showing how you make your new house a home!!! ..and of Larry in his new digs!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha- almost! I'll get Doyle to find his digital camera tomorrow and take some pictures- I promise!

It'll be especially important because the yard looks like it's been BOMBED. It obviously has been neglected for several years now, so my parents and other people have been brutally clearing it out this last week. 3 big trees and many smaller dead trees have been taken down, along with numerous (enormous) bushes. Tomorrow, Doyle's job is to drag all of the stuff from the backyard to the front for trash pickup on Tuesday. ;)

·
Registered
512 Posts
LarrytheLabs Mom said:
Tomorrow, Doyle's job is to drag all of the stuff from the backyard to the front for trash pickup on Tuesday. ;)
I'll try to get some pictures today, but I apparently have a lot of work to do, while Katherine gets to "run errands." ::) LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts