Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Movies: "He's Just not that into You" & "Confessions of a Shopaholic"

Went to see both of these last night with a friend (well, actually we only saw half of the latter), but I though both were pretty good!

Confessions - a little bit cheesy, but as to be expected. Very funny though!

He's Just not that into You - I really liked the idea behind this one...and it tells multiple stories that all intersect (kind of like in Crash), but it was long and dragged on near the end. Good though, and lots of laughs as well.

Anyone else seen these?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Confessions of a Shopaholic - total girly movie, as to be expected! But the other one was suprisingly not as girly as I thought it would be.

When it was my turn to pick the movie, I chose Slumdog Milionaire. But my friend likes girly movies, for better or worse, and it was her turn. Probably a good thing, because it forces me to branch out and see some things I otherwise wouldn't.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I am disappointed in Shopaholic. I loved the books, and she was not the Becky Bloomwood of my imagination. She wasn't even British, and being British was a LARGE part of the "essence" of the books, for me, anyway. Her on screen wardrobe wasn't as upscale as the book (in my mind) either. Meh.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I am disappointed in Shopaholic. I loved the books, and she was not the Becky Bloomwood of my imagination. She wasn't even British, and being British was a LARGE part of the "essence" of the books, for me, anyway. Her on screen wardrobe wasn't as upscale as the book (in my mind) either. Meh.
Ditto.

I was so sad Becky wasn't British.

:(

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I loved "He's Just Not..." - of course, being that age I think a lot of it rang true for me. The opening montage with the little girl whose Mom tells her about boys being mean to her because they like her - SO TRUE :p

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I loved "He's Just Not..." - of course, being that age I think a lot of it rang true for me. The opening montage with the little girl whose Mom tells her about boys being mean to her because they like her - SO TRUE :p
I know! All of the old wivestales that we proliferate to girls and women...couldn't beleive how true it was!

I didn't realize that Confessions was based on a book, nonetheless a British one! I couldn't understand how her fashion was very appealing, but then again, I am a jeans and t-shirt type of gal, so I figured I am just out of fashion. Lol! I guess they dumbed it down to attract the teeny boppers :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.