Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Mickey Rourke is one creepy looking dude. He plays Randy "The Ram", an aging WWF style wrestler (shiny tights anyone?) who is still living off his glory days of the 80s. And not doing so well. After a medical issue pops up and he is told by doctors he should give up wrestling, Randy tries to reconnect with his daughter who he has neglected all her life. He also tries to solidify a relationship with an aging stripper, Marisa Tomei (****, she looks amazing!) who won't date her customers. But after several failures trying to make it in the "real" world the lure of the ring pulls him back...

Now, I was never into the WWF stuff. It was interesting seeing how they plan their fights before hand. But when the guy asks "So, how do you feel about a staple gun?":eek:...a little too graphic for me. And of course...all the stripping and lap dances...

But the performances were amazing and I really liked a lot of the directorial choices.

3 1/2 STARS

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Mickey Rourke in GENERAL = blurf

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I do plan on renting it tomorrow. This subject is very near and dear to my heart, i've been waiting for it to be released, it did not come to our city in the theater.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts