Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was such a good movie! Sandra Bullock really did a good job. I found myself sitting there waiting for what comes next even though you kind of know based on that fact that it's a true story..

It was really good.. and the little brother is hilarious! Some good one-liiners in this movie =)

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
There is no question that it was definitely an uplifting feel good movie and Sandra Bullock was great. However, there were a few too many cheesy moments.

I had to laugh when she went into the projects and put that guy in his place. I also thought the real mother seemed a little to clean and tidy for a crack addict.

Overall good if you want to see a feel good movie. I am glad I waited to see it on DVD.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I read the book first (always try to do that!). Book was great (although a lot of football talk). Loved the movie and thought they did a really good job of being true to the book.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Just finished this last night. Loved it. I love Sandy Bullock. I thought she did a great job. She wasn't one of her cutesy girly characters...she was one tough woman who knew what was right and would fight to get her way. I loved the scene where she told off her horrid "girlfriends". I did not know this was based on a true story so I loved the end when you got to see the actual family. Great story about how love and perserverence can get you through.

I also knew the Theisman story, but never knew it was Lawrence Taylor. Hubby's a huge Giants fan and I was surprised it never came up. Huh.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I held off on seeing this film for a very long time, and having just seen it can't for the life of me fathom why. Very well written and acted... My fiance poked fun at me when I got a little misty (no 31 year old male should get misty watching The Blind Side, right?) but for some reason the story really hit home. One of the rare hollywood "dramafications" that just worked out right.

·
Registered
316 Posts
If you wish, the COMMAATCA will take this under advisement ( Council on movies men are allowed to cry at )
have to say that Blind Side, while a very good movie, is a long shot at best to pass muster
so far, only Pride of the Yankees ( tell me straight doc, is it three strikes? ) and Brian's Song have gained
the designation...

seriously, although I knew the story well, I found the movie very enjoyable..and it is a good flick for the kids to see

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.