Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Is this the one with the big T-Rex in the trailer and he goes "I have a HUGE HEAD. and TINY ARMS" ??

Cause if it is, I definitely have to see it. I laugh my butt off every time I see that trailer.

G

·
We saw it this weekend too! In 3-D!!! ;D

The storyline was ok, but the the digital 3-D effects made it worth it! My kids LOVED it!!!!

We had to pay 2 dollars more per ticket to see the 3-D one (price of the glasses) but it was worth every penny. It was like a 3-D movie at Disney World.

I loved the Walt Disney quote at the end.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I want to take the boys to see it. Maybe next weekend since this weekend is full of Easter activities.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I can't wait to bring my DD, but I don't think the boys will be able to sit through it, unless there's a way to see it without the 3-D stuff. They love watching Cars on the Ipod.

Hey Dwek, your Disney trip's getting close, lucky guy! I have to wait all the way to October. :(

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MickeysMommy said:
I can't wait to bring my DD, but I don't think the boys will be able to sit through it, unless there's a way to see it without the 3-D stuff. They love watching Cars on the Ipod.

Hey Dwek, your Disney trip's getting close, lucky guy! I have to wait all the way to October. :(
Check your theaters. It's available 'flat,' too.

And yes, this movie has the trailer w/the dinosaur with the too-large head and the too-short arms.

Laurie - Kristin and Claire loved the robot best at the very beginning, when he popped THROUGH the screen and looked at us w/our glasses on: "You look okay, and you, and you, and you're fine... but YOU BACK THERE - THE GLASSES GO ON THE FRONT OF YOUR FACE!!!" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
LarrytheLabs Mom said:
Is this the one with the big T-Rex in the trailer and he goes "I have a HUGE HEAD. and TINY ARMS" ??

Cause if it is, I definitely have to see it. I laugh my butt off every time I see that trailer.
Me too can't wait to see it! ;D

·
Registered
85 Posts
How old are your children? Think it would be interesting enough to hold the attentions of 3 year olds? My twinks have not yet been to the movie theater and Aidan is digging the commercial for this one, so I've been considering taking them. We'd surely skip the 3D version.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Might be a little intense for a 3 y.o.

The plot is a little "Back to the Future"-ish. And at one point, the villain (the Bowler Hat Guy -- who's more of a buffoon than a threat) 'wins,' creating a really dark and intimidating future for the Robinsons. It's a brief sequence that may cause some head-burying into Mom's lap, but other than that, it's should be okay. But you know your kids best.....

The colors are bright and the action is fast, even if they can't follow all the ins and outs.

And there's a cute Chip/Dale/Donald cartoon first (or maybe that's only in the 3-D version, as it's a 3-D short!)

G

·
If they loved the Robot at the beginning, they are going to love Philharmagic (next to the Peter Pan ride) It was my favorite thing in the magic kingdom! I watched it 3 times!

Piper, my 3 year old sat through the whole thing with the glasses on. The 3-D kept his attention. But I have a three year old that isnt scared of anything and cant wait to go on space mountain.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JollyMolly said:
If they loved the Robot at the beginning, they are going to love Philharmagic
I'll let Kristin and Claire know. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D We had quite the calendar-flipping ceremony this morning @ breakfast, as we and our trip are now on the same month page!

G

·
The characters are constantly "sticking out". Mickey splashes water and the drops jump out of the screen and they have water sprayers on the seat in front of you. Beauty and the Beast people prepare muffins and they spray air freshener in the theater and it smells like blueberries. You are experiencing the whole movie. I am so excited for Kristin and Claire!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish they had it at Disneyland. They do have the muppet and the honey I shrunk the audience but those dont even compare!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts