Just Labradors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a huge fan of Rogen and Goldberg written movies. And I have to say Pinapple Express did not let me down. I actually went to it the first day it was in theaters with my brother and bought it first thing when it came out of dvd. Yes its a movie about pot smokers but thats not all its about. Seth Rogen is as always hilarious as Dale Denton a stoner Process Server. And James Franco is amazing as the drug dealer with a heart of gold. General idea of the movie is that Rogens character witnesses one of the most powerful drug dealers in town Ted Jones (Gary Cole) and a shady female cop Carol (the adorable Rosie Perez) murder a man while smoking waiting to "serve" Ted Jones outside his apartment. In a panic Dale tosses his roach and makes a run for it after he see's "brains and blood!" to his trust drug dealer Sauls (James Francos) place. Anyways turns out the roach Dale tosses has some of rarest pot to man kind "Pinapple Express" in it and Ted Jones knows that Saul is the only one in town with it. So Dale and Saul find themselves on the run from Ted and his two hit men.

Like I said there is much more to the movie than just two bumbling stoners so please don't cast it off as just anouther "stoner flick". This movie has a great and funny cast. I was so thrilled to see Perez on the big screen again she is one of my favorite actresses and she plays her part well. The special features to the dvd are all very special and its jammed packed as well which is nice. I give Pinapple Express five out of five stars.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
We've rented this one three times. I guess we like it!

I'm not a huge Rosie Perez fan, but really liked her in this one.

I agree with sawyer's review.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts