Just Labradors banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never read the book and its not really my kind of book, but when I saw Scarlett Johansson was in the cast I thought I might have a shot of getting hubby to sit through it. It was difficult for him, but he managed.

Girl and boy go out on date. Have nice time. Guy says he'll be in touch. Girl waits by the phone checking her voice mail obsessively. No call. Days go by and girl gets frantic. She finally stalks his favorite bar and befriends the bar tender who bluntly tells her "He's not going to call" and goes over all the ways girls convince themselves that guys are into them when their not.

Repeat.

Jennifer Aniston and Ben Affleck have been living together for 7 years. He doesn't believe in marriage. She does and secretly believes he will eventually cave. He's not. She finally gets it and freaks out.

Bradley Cooper (Will Tippin from Alias with the bluest of blue eyes) bumps into Scarlett Johansson and the two immediately feel the connection. However, he is married to Jennifer Connolly. And then theres the guy who has been puppydogging his way around Scarlett for years hoping she'll get with him.

Girls, this movie was cute. It tries to debunk the whole a guy is behaving like he doesn't want to be with you, but he really does myth. Funny moment in the beginning of the film when you see the little boy shove the little girl in the playground. And the mom consoles the little girl by saying what ladies? "He's just being mean to you because he likes you". And so it begins...

Guys...watch this with your gal with a drink in hand ... you will see Scarlett in just a bra. ;)

3 STARS

1 - 1 of 1 Posts