Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two months ago our fridge went plooey so we had to get a new one. Dad said "Sure honey I'll come get the fridge for you."

Two months later the dern thing is still sitting in my kitchen taking up way to much room. So I got tired of looking at it and managed to toss it in the garage all by myself until he decides to come and get it! Yay!!

Wonder if I can figure out how to hook up the dishwasher he's been promising to hook up for almost 3 years now!! I've got it in the cabinet, but it requires to be hard wired into the wiring and I'm a bit leary to do that myself.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it would be helpful if i could find the bloody instructions!!

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
MOST instructions can be found on line - and Paul has some website that has all kinds of installation instructions available -will find it when I get home if you are interested...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I DID IT!! I FIGURED IT OUT MYSELF AND IT IS RUNNING!!

I HAVE A DISHWASHER AGAIN!!

WOOOOO who says stay at home moms don't do anything?!?!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
GO YOU! Doesn't it feel GREAT?!? :)

I wouldn't have dickered with hot (hard) wiring. I won't do any electrics apart from changing a lightbulb (light bulb for those who prefer it spelled that way).

C'mon... I'll do that little self sufficient happy dance with you!

:)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the hard wiring had me a bit scared, but what I did was I remembered my dad had to replace a plug on an old vacuum of mine that has since konked out. So I took that plug, undid it from the vacuum and wired it up exactly how it was to the vacuum with the dishwasher! I put the white where the other white was and the black on the black side, then ran an extension cord down from a plug. Put on a pair of work gloves and held my breath as I plugged it in. It worked! I hooped and hollared, even did some more hard core cleaning. The only thing I forgot to do was secure the drain hose to the garbage disposal correctly so water went squiring all over my cabinet and kitchen floor until I dove under there and held it in place, then secured it after it was done. :D

I'm really proud of myself. Ha ha Dad that's what you get for not coming over and fixing your baby girls stuff! Now she grew up! :p Next project...fix the toilet from it's slow leak.

I feel just awesome! I am woman hear me ROAAARR!!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Had to reply again because I KNOW how tickled you are!

If you are around tomorrow, maybe we can swap trade secrets on cleaning the window air conditioner grill (filters) without using A/C acid. Acids and animals in the house make me nervous...

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
GO YOU! Doesn't it feel GREAT?!? :)

I wouldn't have dickered with hot (hard) wiring. I won't do any electrics apart from changing a lightbulb (light bulb for those who prefer it spelled that way).

C'mon... I'll do that little self sufficient happy dance with you!

:)
That reminds me of that old joke: :rolleyes:

How many women does it take to change a light bulb?

Four. One to change the bulb & 3 to form the support group. :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ha ha Garth, ha ha!

Shouldn't you be building a fence? :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts