Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're home!!

You should have seen her sitting in that kennel at the vets.. the look on her face.. omg! you came back! *wagwagwag*

Seriously.. girl had surgery on THursday and was strong enough to drag me around the office.

She was a dream on the ride home.. not a peep from her.. but the vet sedated her and she didn't sleep for one second.. wouldn't even lay on her bed.. just sat behind me.. looking out the front window.. tired and groggy.. but awake.. *lol*

I thought she'd be out like a light with that sedative.. nope.

Now we're home.. i took her cone off because it doesn't fit in her crate.. but she hasn't licked her leg yet.. i lifted her out of the truck and she pooped and pee'd right away.. phew..

Anyway.. i'm hopefuly she'll fall asleep.. but of course she's complaining about being crated.. but she's obviously tired..

i'm so happy to be home.. pretty relieved. The vet was awesome though and really nice about everything..

I paid a $400 adoption fee and the surgery came to just over $1200. That tells you what kind of markup there is given it's a $3000 surgery!

Anyway..we're home.. we can start the long road to recovery now.. but at least we're on it.. 3 months from now.. we start over again.. =)

And driving with another person.. MUCH better!

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
So glad you are home. What a good girl. I'll bet she was thrilled when she saw you.
Hope you both can relax and unwind now. Good thoughts for fast and complete healing!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Sending lots of good thoughts. So glad to hear that she is home. :happy:

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Here it is again because it's SO worth it! (Your statement, not mine!)

You should have seen her sitting in that kennel at the vets.. the look on her face.. omg! you came back! *wagwagwag*
That made me tear up with utter joy for both of you!

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I am so glad you are home. Your post brought tears to my eyes when you said how Koda looked when she saw you. It must have been a wonderful feeling for both of you. You have to post some pictures of her & Tucker. It's been too long since we have seen them. Now the fun begins....keeping her quiet. :happy:

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
aww...I'm glad she's home and doing okay so far. She's right where she belongs. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts