Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a nice time at the mountains. Great cabin and beautiful country
Called every day to check on Princess. Oh, she is fine - eating going potty and playing.........ahhhhhhh I'm thinking I found the perfect place.
We got back and picked her up. Came home and even before going inside I took her potty.........she was peeing blood. I freaked. Called the kennel and asked how long this had been going on....oh, they had no seen anything - she had been just fine........BULL ****!!!!
I took her to the vet and it was a uti...and now she is on meds, she seems ok but of course we have to complete the meds and then have her urine tested to see if all is well.
The mountains were great. We stayed at Pigeon Forge - Sherwood Forest resort......... here are some pics.
The cabin

Inside (it was beautiful)

The view from the cabin

A beautiful stream (I put my feet in it!)

Dollywood

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Awww...sorry your girl was sick.

I kind of find it hard to believe that she only got this the instant you picked her up :-\ Our Wheaten came home from the kennel sick two times in a row when we were away. That was the last time we used any kennel. We just pay a pet sitter now or beg our friends to help us out in exchange for puppysitting for them. So much easier to relax.

Did you enjoy Dolly's show? The pics of the cabin are beautiful!

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Poor Princee. I wouldn't doubt she got the UTI from not going potty enough. Hope she's not too uncomfortable with and and it clears up quickly. I have never left Lazy or Pepper before and don't know if I could ever leave Lazy. Roni had to stay last year at the vets when we went to Texas because he was sick at the time, otherwise he always comes with us also. I don't really like leaving the others either. :-\
Glad you had a nice trip. I love the Smokey Mountains. I haven't been many places, but that was the best vacation we ever had. I'd like to go back someday.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is only the 2nd time we have left Princess. The first time she was less than a year old and it was a very bad experience. Last week, we went to the mountains with 2 other couples and she could not have gone, so we made the decision to leave her. It was supposed to be a top notch place, however, since they didn't didn't even notice that she was peeing blood and didn't have the decency to call and ask how she was doing, she will certainly never stay there again. In fact, I don't think she can stay anywhere. If she can't go with us we will have to have someone take care of her at home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts