Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
There is (was) something on the Discovery channel about MSH. Fascinating stuff and it looks like it could blow at anytime. I have a Lab statue made from the ash.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
labby said:
There is (was) something on the Discovery channel about MSH...
That's what made me remember I had that site saved. LOL Ken picked up a couple of videos when he was there. The one is really awesome.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
labby said:
There is (was) something on the Discovery channel about MSH. Fascinating stuff and it looks like it could blow at anytime. I have a Lab statue made from the ash.
No so fascinating when you live near it.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
My daughter is going to go to grad school in WA and will be studying MSH, as she is a geology major. I kept waiting for the fascination with volcanoes to go away, but no luck. When we went to do a school visit at the U of Hawaii, the professor was showing us all of the gear, including buckets on the end of chains that they used to obtain lava samples. :eek: You know, I just thought there was a more technical way to obtain lava samples than leaning over the side with a bucket on a chain.

The MSH thing scares me but fascinates my kid.

Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
No, I imagine not Betsy. Especially when that sucker looks like its about to blow again. :(

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Seismic activity hasn't been overly alarming out there right now. That is good new for you, Cam and Betsy.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/

MiaBuddy.... OOHHHHH, I would be the proudest parent in the world if that was my kiddo. AWESOME. ;D

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
My mom remembers it vividly because it happened shortly after I was born. She said that even in Iowa, the skies were really hazy all the time, and the sun looked weird.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts