Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is Field Day at school, which means they're spending the entire afternoon outside playing games.

I forgot to have Riley put on sunscreen.

It's going to be 90 degrees today.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
They might have some there at the school. Are you at work and not able to take him some? I am sure it will be fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,802 Posts
Yikes!

Is it possible to call the school? I bet the school nurse has some.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm an hour away from the school.

I sent his teacher an email. Hopefully there will be some there that he can use. She probably thinks I'm awful!

They even sent a note home:

Remember:
Lunch & Drink
Tennis Shoes
Sunscreen
Sunglasses/Hat

::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,426 Posts
I don't use sunscreen, and neither will my children (unless they are fair skinned (probably wont be)), so you aren't a bad mom. I do use it if I am going to be out for longer than an hour in direct sun. Even then, I only use the spray kind and not the lotion. I fully believe in the power of direct sunlight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,306 Posts
I hope someone there has some sunblock. I too have had this happen...life is so hectic at times it's a wonder I don't forget more things ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,802 Posts
CenTexLabs said:
I don't use sunscreen, and neither will my children (unless they are fair skinned (probably wont be)), so you aren't a bad mom. I do use it if I am going to be out for longer than an hour in direct sun. Even then, I only use the spray kind and not the lotion. I fully believe in the power of direct sunlight.
Huh? Is there a sunblock conspiracy I haven't heard about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,426 Posts
Momma to J and A said:
CenTexLabs said:
I don't use sunscreen, and neither will my children (unless they are fair skinned (probably wont be)), so you aren't a bad mom. I do use it if I am going to be out for longer than an hour in direct sun. Even then, I only use the spray kind and not the lotion. I fully believe in the power of direct sunlight.
Huh? Is there a sunblock conspiracy I haven't heard about?
No, just that sunlight and proper diet helps the body produce Vitamin D, which lowers the cancer risk. I can site sources, but many people think that it is quackery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,802 Posts
CenTexLabs said:
Momma to J and A said:
CenTexLabs said:
I don't use sunscreen, and neither will my children (unless they are fair skinned (probably wont be)), so you aren't a bad mom. I do use it if I am going to be out for longer than an hour in direct sun. Even then, I only use the spray kind and not the lotion. I fully believe in the power of direct sunlight.
Huh? Is there a sunblock conspiracy I haven't heard about?
No, just that sunlight and proper diet helps the body produce Vitamin D, which lowers the cancer risk. I can site sources, but many people think that it is quackery.
Please don't think I am being argumentative; I am just really curious.

I thought sunscreen just blocked UV rays, not not vitamin absorption. No?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,426 Posts
Momma to J and A said:
CenTexLabs said:
Momma to J and A said:
CenTexLabs said:
I don't use sunscreen, and neither will my children (unless they are fair skinned (probably wont be)), so you aren't a bad mom. I do use it if I am going to be out for longer than an hour in direct sun. Even then, I only use the spray kind and not the lotion. I fully believe in the power of direct sunlight.
Huh? Is there a sunblock conspiracy I haven't heard about?
No, just that sunlight and proper diet helps the body produce Vitamin D, which lowers the cancer risk. I can site sources, but many people think that it is quackery.
Please don't think I am being argumentative; I am just really curious.

I thought sunscreen just blocked UV rays, not not vitamin absorption. No?
Oh, no. I like having these discussions.

Here is one article. He can explain it better than I can.

http://www.mercola.com/2002/apr/3/sun_prevents_cancer.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,636 Posts
I've helped supervise these things before. The mom's all look out for the other kids. Just give the school office a call and tell them he "slipped out without his sunscreen" and ask if someone can give him a coat or two. I'm sure they won't mind. You are not awful for forgetting. I do that stuff all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,802 Posts
CenTexLabs said:
Momma to J and A said:
CenTexLabs said:
Momma to J and A said:
CenTexLabs said:
I don't use sunscreen, and neither will my children (unless they are fair skinned (probably wont be)), so you aren't a bad mom. I do use it if I am going to be out for longer than an hour in direct sun. Even then, I only use the spray kind and not the lotion. I fully believe in the power of direct sunlight.
Huh? Is there a sunblock conspiracy I haven't heard about?
No, just that sunlight and proper diet helps the body produce Vitamin D, which lowers the cancer risk. I can site sources, but many people think that it is quackery.
Please don't think I am being argumentative; I am just really curious.

I thought sunscreen just blocked UV rays, not not vitamin absorption. No?
Oh, no. I like having these discussions.

Here is one article. He can explain it better than I can.

http://www.mercola.com/2002/apr/3/sun_prevents_cancer.htm
Thank you for the link. I'll check it out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
Hee hee...I've gotten the "Mother of the Year" award plenty of times!

In fact, last night I sent him to a 6th grade school event with no $$. I had to call a mom who was chaperoning and ask her to front the money!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top