Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
More info on Wes (UPDATE)

Doc is upping the Sotalol from 1/2 tab 2x a day to ONE tab 2x a day.

Holter showed a fair number of single goofy beats.
A handful of 2x in a row
2-3 incidents of 3x in a row.
And 2 occurrences of 5x in a row. She's worried about those from a Tachycardia standpoint.

The worrisome heart flips are just prior to his morning walk. And when Mommy gets home from work. Both points in the day when he's eager-eager-eager to get outside.

Hoping that the Sotalol calms him down some.....

Next: After 7-10 days, it's back to the Holter.

Sigh

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Poor guy. I hope the meds help. Dan, does the Sotalol just act on the arrhythmia, or is it sedating? (Sorry if you already mentioned this.)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's supposed to stop/slow the incidents of arrhythmia. Keep a steady beat instead of the jitterbugging he's doing now.

I had a feeling the dosage wasn't high enough (but I'm okay w/a conservative approach -- really) because his behavior hadn't changed one ounce since he went on it.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Poor boy. I hope the meds work, Dan. :(

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I like that conservative approach to meds, too. Hope the change of dose gets him straightened out. Will be following, of course.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Continued prayers and good thoughts for Wes. Hope it gets straightened out with the new dose.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Hopefully this dosage will work for him and his next bout with the Holter will show he's good to go.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Thanks for the update Dan. Continued good thoughts for Wes, Hope upping the dose does the trick.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hoping the new dose does him right :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts