Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm officially a yard worker person! Last weekend I put the weed eater battery packs on to charge, just like Tud taught me to do, and tonight I took it out to "lower" the dog yard. It worked! Nance worked in the yard! "Guy stuff" and it was FUN!

Haha! Now I have "fly-away" right arm, but I feel so, I dunno, so home-owner-y. Could that dreaded power lawn mower be far behind?!?

Ahm skeerin' muhseff...

:D

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Wanna come do my yard when you are done?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I'm officially a yard worker person! Last weekend I put the weed eater battery packs on to charge, just like Tud taught me to do, and tonight I took it out to "lower" the dog yard. It worked! Nance worked in the yard! "Guy stuff" and it was FUN!

Haha! Now I have "fly-away" right arm, but I feel so, I dunno, so home-owner-y. Could that dreaded power lawn mower be far behind?!?

Ahm skeerin' muhseff...

:D
When Bill and I rented this duplex, he made a deal with the original owner that we (he) would do the yardwork. Two weeks after we moved in, Bill went to Maine and I was stuck doing all the yardwork. For two summers, I mowed, edged, and trimmed a one-acre lot every weekend, including picking up all the freaking black walnuts on the neighbors' side before I could mow. When the new owners were looking at the place prior to purchasing it, I made it very **** clear that the yardwork was NOT included in the deal! :p

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
It's kind of amazing what we are really capable of!! No doubt the mower is not far behind!! Now you need a helmut that holds a beer can with a long straw that you can drink from - for those hot summer mowin days!!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Way to go Nance! Yep, I see that lawnmower in your future very soon!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Welcome to my world.. the weed whacker is fun.. mowing the lawn is zen! You go around and around and around until you can't anymore.. your mind tends to wander after awhile and pretty soon you don't remember doing the entire lawn, but there you are.. in the middle.. done =)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I have never once operated a lawn mower.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
It took me a minute to figure out the "Go Nanny" part. :D

Good for you, Nance!!! I can't do the weed whacking, the thing is waaaay too heavy for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts