Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Petco yesterday to get Wesley an Easter present - we're having a houseful of guests for Easter Sunday Dinner, and he needs something to occupy himself.

Marrow bones are now out, since the last two times he got them, he got the runs. The vet thinks it's his digestion system changing as he gets older.

So, for better or worse, I bought a beef knuckle. Any marrow left inside is hard and dried, so hopefully it won't have the same effect on the boy's bowels.

But there on the knuckle, plain as day, is the following caveat: "Not for consumption by humans."

Ew!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
well darn...I just bought myself a nice smoked knuckle bone yesterday, guess this means I shouldn't eat it

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
the scary thing is someone probably ate it, got sick and then sued/ complained to the company and that's whey the warning was added (here's yer sign!)!

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Be careful with those. The last two Cinder had splintered and were really sharp pieces that she could have swallowed. One I saw and it happened very quickly, but I thought it was a fluke and the other was when she went to the kennel while we were on a trip. When I came to pick her up our trainer showed me the pieces and said she never recommend those. Maybe there are different brands/types though. Maybe that's why people shouldn't eat them :p.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CindersMyGirl said:
Be careful with those. The last two Cinder had splintered and were really sharp pieces that she could have swallowed. One I saw and it happened very quickly, but I thought it was a fluke and the other was when she went to the kennel while we were on a trip. When I came to pick her up our trainer showed me the pieces and said she never recommend those. Maybe there are different brands/types though. Maybe that's why people shouldn't eat them :p.
Thanks for the warning - I'll monitor closely. I'm really bummed that he's not able to eat marrow bones anymore. They bought us 2-3 hours of good behavior when company was around...

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Mocha can't do raw bones either. I had a bunch of beef rib bones from a cow we had processed back in November. I've tried several time just giving it to her for a few minutes but she throws up. Not every time but more often than I care for her to and it's a huge mess. I even tried par boiling them per Nancy's instructions she did better with those but threw up with the last one :-\

·
Registered
578 Posts
****-I was having such a craving too. Guess I'll go eat some of my shampoo. Wait...there's a label....what does it say...Nope-can't eat that either. PHEW-good thing I read that first. ;D

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
regarese said:
****-I was having such a craving too. Guess I'll go eat some of my shampoo. Wait...there's a label....what does it say...Nope-can't eat that either. PHEW-good thing I read that first. ;D
You don't EAT shampoo, silly! You drink it!! A little Head & Shoulders on the rocks, please? And a cream rinse conditioner chaser!

P

·
0 Posts
regarese said:
OK, I can't help it, I have to share a "blonde moment" of my neice's. No offense to any blondes out there, but just bear with me.

One day she comes hauling a$$ out of the bathroom to tell her Mom "Don't use this shampoo (yes, people shampoo) on the dogs anymore!" ????? "It hasn't been tested on animals....."

LOL I'm sorry, I had to share......honestly, she has TOO MANY blonde moments and she is only 19......

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
My brother has a 3/4 ton 4WD Ford for a work truck. Old type of get out and lock in the hubs. Yep, sticker says "Do Not Lock In Hubs While Vehicle Is In Motion." He tried to talk his helper into crawlin' out the window onto the hood and lockin' them in when he first got it. Gaudalupe just said, "you crazy, ******." ;D

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought a sunshade for my car. One of those accordion-fold cardboard shields that takes up the entire window.

Printed on the side: Do not operate vehicle with sunshade in place.

DUH!

·
Registered
578 Posts
OK, I can't help it, I have to share a "blonde moment" of my neice's. No offense to any blondes out there, but just bear with me.

One day she comes hauling a$$ out of the bathroom to tell her Mom "Don't use this shampoo (yes, people shampoo) on the dogs anymore!" ????? "It hasn't been tested on animals....."

LOL I'm sorry, I had to share......honestly, she has TOO MANY blonde moments and she is only 19......
[/quote]

I think that is the funniest thing I have heard all day!!!! I cannot wait to tell my husband that one. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
My all-time favorite is still "Do Not Operate in Shower" on the tag of my old hair dryer. Is anyone really that pressed for time?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
These labels are going to be the downfall of mankind, why, we have messed up Darwin's Theroy. ;D

Used to be really dumb folks, dried their hair in the tub or shower, when the got electrocuted we said, to bad, but **** they were dumb. ::)

Today dumb people see these labels and many don't do it. They survive and then they meet other dumb people and then they breed. :eek:

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
delmonico said:
Today dumb people see these labels and many don't do it. They survive and then they meet other dumb people and then they breed. :eek:
Or they do the dumb thing anyway and then sue the manufacturer, winning zillions in payouts that then lead to dopey instructions to prevent it from happening again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts