Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
I find it fascinating all the different categories and subsets. Like you can be "born again" and catholic... or just catholic... You can be culturally jewish but not religious... etc. etc.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
There is gathering support for paving the way for Roman Catholic liturgy to re-embrace its Latin tradition.

Should be Spanish, really, given the demographic shifts.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Do not be sad- My non-religious family and I are doing great. We have very high moral standards that are not associated with religion in any way shape or form. We live a very good life. And believe it or not- we are not the devil incarnate. My children are not heathens. We do not feel the need to have a higher power tell us to be good people- we just are. So really- don't be sad for us. We aren't the reason the world is such an awful place. Really.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Still means that 85% consider themselves religious. I find that pretty astounding.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I heard that coming to work this am. And we wonder why our country is so "f'd" up.
I agree 1,000%! Hardly any of the people living above their means who are now behind on their mortgages are religious. None of the people on welfare who are dragging down the economy are religious.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Do not be sad- My non-religious family and I are doing great. We have very high moral standards that are not associated with religion in any way shape or form. We live a very good life. And believe it or not- we are not the devil incarnate. My children are not heathens. We do not feel the need to have a higher power tell us to be good people- we just are. So really- don't be sad for us. We aren't the reason the world is such an awful place. Really.
so do you believe in the devil?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Yeah, whatever the current trend is doesn't really impact my individual beliefs. There are good people of all walks of life. I don't really see where this is necessarily a great thing because I don't think people who believe in religion are inherently bad. On the other had, I don't think people that don't believe in a religion are inherently bad. Aren't these number cyclical anyways? It seems like there are always alternating reports of increasing and decreasing numbers of people who believe in a religion.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
1 - 20 of 142 Posts