Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham showed off her posh credentials on a recent shopping trip - she came close to spending a whopping $1.6 million on designer goods.

The singer-turned-designer visited Milan, Italy over the Christmas period and headed straight for the stores to splash out on gifts for herself and husband David.

Among the items bought were a $640,000 Rolex watch for the soccer ace and four sofas for their home worth $64,000. :eek:

Shopaholic Beckham says, "I did spend too much. Shopping is like a drug. The more you have the more you want. I would move in to the (shopping street) Via Montenapoleone if I could because when I am in Milan, I don't know how to walk past it.

"It's as if all of those wonderful shops are calling out to me, - saying, 'Come and buy me! Come and buy me!'"

·
Registered
145 Posts
I always feel a little guilty when I spend $1.6 million on designer goods. The only way to get over it is more shopping...

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I always feel a little guilty when I spend $1.6 million on designer goods. The only way to get over it is more shopping...
HAH! This made me laugh. I must learn to be a more diligent consumer.

Ebay, Amazon... Ebay, Amazon... shoot! Price is still too high!

*trots off to thrift store with a good eye and a skinny wallet...*

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just proves that some people have more money than brains. Remeber reading several years, maybe even 10 yrs or so, Oprah saying something along the lines that she has to rein in her spending, and try to keep it under 4 million this year.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I'm not really sure what the problem is. They earned their money legally. Don't they have the right to spend it however they want to? Plus they are stimulating the economy at a time when many are not spending. They are keeping a lot of people employed, creating jobs.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
They earned, its theirs to do with as they please. But there is nothing wrong with some of us thinking that there are some really good things they could do, and some really foolish thing they have done.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
They earned, its theirs to do with as they please. But there is nothing wrong with some of us thinking that there are some really good things they could do, and some really foolish thing they have done.

Agreed. But it is relative. People making $25,000 a year may look at $100,000 families driving Toyota Sequoias and think - what a waste. Think of all the good they could do with the money they would save by driving a Honda CRV.

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
How exactly did she earn it? What does she really do?
Made most of it from the Spice Girl era. Plus they made a come back recently. All the royalties from the songs. Now has a designer label I think. And then she is married to one of the most famous footballers of all time. He definitely overshadows her. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts