Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well..Dakota got his first grownup collar today..it should work from now till he's full grown..and about 50.00 worth of more toys, this is in addition to what I spent on toys and such about 2 weeks ago..yes my home looks like a puppy day care center. And..yesterday..I spent about 400.00 on bird toys..and some bird food..mostly toys tho. Since parrots are shredding machines..this is a NECESSITY. My husband says I feed the birds and Dakota better than I feed him..ya think? LOL WE really NEED to hit the lottery..soon..him being retired and all that..maybe that's why I don't feed him well..all the money goes to caring for the fur and feathers???? LOL
Jackie <--- counting what's left of her pennies!!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
You are not alone...including pet insurance, her dried food ( which is meant to make her feel full to prevent her getting fat), her treats and her vet bills...Poppy last month cost me $1000...of which i should be able to claim $600 back....but do i begrudge her a penny....not at all!!!Is this not one of the "joys" of having a doggy...though i have to admit my OH might disagree a little...LOL

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I hear ya! It adds up, doesn't it? But, it's fun to lavish stuff on "the kids." :p

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow..I feel your pain..but I agree..I don't begrudge a penny of what we've spent so far..and what we will spend in the future. Thank goodness we can afford to treat them well..at least for now..hopefully we have enough money in the future. Fixed incomes are not something you can...do much with..but it will go as much as it can for our "family". I LOVE buying new toys for Dakota..I know he needs the stimulation of new things to keep him busy in the house..and outside.
Jackie ;)

milomc72 said:
You are not alone...including pet insurance, her dried food ( which is meant to make her feel full to prevent her getting fat), her treats and her vet bills...Poppy last month cost me $1000...of which i should be able to claim $600 back....but do i begrudge her a penny....not at all!!!Is this not one of the "joys" of having a doggy...though i have to admit my OH might disagree a little...LOL

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is..I have more fun buying my birds and dogs toys and new foods..than I do buying myself something..I always feel guilty spending money on me..but never feel guilty spending it on them. Go figga!! LOL
Jackie :eek:

AngusFangus said:
I hear ya! It adds up, doesn't it? But, it's fun to lavish stuff on "the kids." :p

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I hear ya. With just Tal, Midnight (my cat) and me I always spend it on them first. Although Midnight is really easy to please...keep her food and water dishes full, a rub up against my leg once a day and she's happy!

I think I spend the most on replacing the balls I lose when playing fetch with Tal! And I never think much about it. Not that I am rollin in money..I just enjoy giving them good things! :)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well..after finding out how easily birds get bored..I figured Dakota would be like that too..he is so intelligent..I need to keep him busy..and happy. I haven't lost any throw toys yet..all of them are laying in my backyard for hubby to pick up when he has to mow..*evil laugh*.
Happy Easter! Jackie

myfavoritedog said:
I think I spend the most on replacing the balls I lose when playing fetch with Tal! And I never think much about it. Not that I am rollin in money..I just enjoy giving them good things! :)

G

·
If i dont count the food, and the treatments i give to Laika, then i've spent exactly 6,50 Euro (+/- 7 US dollar) for a simple red collar :)

Most of her toys .. wel actually her toy's are tenisballs and sticks, the ball's she take's them with her, and the other stuff she leave's in the forrest ;)

And all the other toy's she have, that's the family they've buy them ;D

(i've dont count vet bill's and stuff like that, that's not a issue! :-*)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess..if we weren't able to do it..we would have to find other cheaper toys for Dakota..so, what he has now..should last for quite a while..and I'll only add a new one here and there..I won't have any floor left if I buy anymore right now. LOL
Jackie

Felix said:
If i dont count the food, and the treatments i give to Laika, then i've spent exactly 6,50 Euro (+/- 7 US dollar) for a simple red collar :)

Most of her toys .. wel actually her toy's are tenisballs and sticks, the ball's she take's them with her, and the other stuff she leave's in the forrest ;)

And all the other toy's she have, that's the family they've buy them ;D

(i've dont count vet bill's and stuff like that, that's not a issue! :-*)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts