Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What were the couldn't-live-without baby things you had??

And, on the other hand, what were the things you had but found were not useful??

Thanks! I have quite a few friends expecting this year!! :D

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
ummmm, a battery operated bouncy seat
wash cloths, bibs, a baby monitor, baby gate, highchair (that adjusts up and down and reclines), a screen/plastic shield cover for the stroller -(to keep bugs out and or wind and rain)............baby mobile for the crib, Baby Einstein toys/videos.

Baby tylenol, gripe water, rash creme, Johnsons baby shampoo.. and body wash

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Pacifiers, Mylicon drops, sleepers, receiving blankets, onesies, socks (they always got lost on outings & I used them as gloves when they were newborns also so the couldn't scratch their faces), infant nail clippers, bouncey seat (Brandon had terrible reflux so he slept upright in his pretty much the first four months), baby soap & lotion... Oh, and a baby book for all the questions that I didn't want to call the doctor about! lol

Things that weren't so good - baby bath tub, bathtub thermometer, changing table, & Diaper genie are the only things I can think of

Congrats to all of your friends. :)

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
gailatmsu said:
Things that weren't so good - baby bath tub, bathtub thermometer, changing table, & Diaper genie are the only things I can think of

Congrats to all of your friends. :)
Exactly the same things I wished I hadn't have boughten. ::)

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Are any of them against cloth diapers? They're so easy to use nowadays. I know a lot of people don't like them (I used to think I wouldn't), but once I started - that's another thing that I couldn't go without.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
a swing

my son was colic & that was the only thing that kept him quiet or helped him sleep
it was the swing or lay him on the floor & turn on the vacumn lol

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
A bouncer. One of those electric ones if you can afford it.

I didn't have a change table and wished I had. So much easier on the back.

If you are buying for friends then you may not want to spend this much.

Mobiles for the crib, or some of the newer toys that some parents can't quite afford. My son has an octopus that plays a few tunes when you squeeeze certain coloured tentacles. Amazing thing.
Also very nice books are great.
New babies tend to gets lots of cute things so it is nice to have things that they can have for later.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys!! Keep those suggestions comin'! :D

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I found going cheap on diapers was not a good move. :p

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
My absolute most favorite gift was this cover for a grocery cart...it slips over the handle in front of them..the one we use to push?
The one that babies always lean over and put their mouths on that is teeming with billionssss of germs.
IT was the best gift I got. And I made sure to always have one in the diaper bag and one in the car.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
I had lots of stuff we didn't use or need. But the things I loved were a seperate bassinette for the living room with a storage space underneath for diapers & burp cloths (not having to carry baby all the way up to crib to sleep). Bouncy chair, exersaucer, jolly jumper, slings!!! Oh I loved my slings!! a practical diaper bag (which was really an MEC backpack, but it was the perfect size, and hubby would carry it too. The one thing I purchased that I wish I hadn't was a breast pump. In hindsight, I would have saved the $200 and just rented one. I nursed both my girls for a year, and I think I used the pump 20 - 30 times total.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts