Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our walk along the riverbank this morning I wouldnt let Alfie go in the river, 1. its too deep 2. its windy and was flowing really fast 3. it was freezing

So instead he found an old horse trough that was full of water and decided to sit in that while having a drink!!! :laugh:

I sooo wish I had my camera!

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
samson said:
Hah ! After his retrieving, the first place that Murphy goes is into the trough !

No wonder he only has small spectacles !
:laugh: Ooo hopefully it will have shrunk Alfies pouch! He still has that and was neutered 6 months + ago! :confused:

·
Registered
869 Posts
kaznalf said:
samson said:
Hah ! After his retrieving, the first place that Murphy goes is into the trough !

No wonder he only has small spectacles !
:laugh: Ooo hopefully it will have shrunk Alfies pouch! He still has that and was neutered 6 months + ago! :confused:
shane was neutered Sept. 1st and he still has his pouch too.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
kaznalf said:
On our walk along the riverbank this morning I wouldnt let Alfie go in the river, 1. its too deep 2. its windy and was flowing really fast 3. it was freezing

So instead he found an old horse trough that was full of water and decided to sit in that while having a drink!!! :laugh:

I don't understand, '1. its too deep '. I understand the others, but the boy will learn how to swim if he doesn't already.

Relative to '3. it was freezing', I usually judge by what what the air temp willbe when HK comes out and how long it will take her to dry. I tend to say no water when it is below 50F. Of course, that is not a problem this week with the crrent temp at -6f (1:30 pm). No water around here for her to get into.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Endofile said:
kaznalf said:

I don't understand, '1. its too deep '. I understand the others, but the boy will learn how to swim if he doesn't already.

Relative to '3. it was freezing', I usually judge by what what the air temp willbe when HK comes out and how long it will take her to dry. I tend to say no water when it is below 50F. Of course, that is not a problem this week with the crrent temp at -6f (1:30 pm). No water around here for her to get into.
Our local river has an under current which has sucked things in in the past incl people so i dont like to risk it he normally swims in the side river but we didnt go that way today

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Labradors can perfectly swim in freezing cold water, and even if the water is to deep to stand in ;)

They swim over here with tempratures far bellow zero, but in such tempratures you must keep them on moving, so otherwise they get feeling cold, if you do so, there's no problem at all ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts