Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Oh good! I was afraid (because of how little you said earlier) that it was something really bad. I'm glad she's doing better. :)

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I must have missed your post about your mother being ill.
Haven't been on much because the board is so spazzy...

Glas she is feeling better, Dan.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It came without warning. She's falling. A lot. 3x over the past 10 days. The hospital trip was to check for injury and try to find out why.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Did they find anything out, Dan? My FIL has been falling for the past year and a half - he's broken his nose, fingers, ankle... He saw 40 doctors last year and we have no answers. Every time we hear of something someone else was diagnosed with, we take it back to his doctors and say "could it be this?"

I'm glad she'll be coming home today and is okay. I hope you find answers.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Melissa said:
Did they find anything out, Dan?
We seem to be getting more info on what it's NOT than what it IS. Yesterday, she had a cranial cat scan. Everything looks okay there, so it's not like she's having mini-strokes, which is something we suspected.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I missed the post about your Mom. Glad to hear she's doing okay. When my MIL started falling we thought it was vertigo again. She had brain cancer. I'm glad to hear her CT scan was good. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She has had a walker for about the past 3 months or so. She's falling even with the walker. We don't know if it's her knees giving out or the dementia causing her to basically 'forget' how to walk....

It is beyond sad. She has 0 quality of life and dim prospects for improvement. She's becoming combative, bitter, and angry, lashing out at those of us who are trying to help. She's drifting toward becoming a total stranger, a woman you wouldn't want to spend 10 minutes with because she's so argumentative. This from a woman who's people-skills made her one helluva good RN in her day.

She wants to die. She's said so. She misses her husband dearly and wants to be with him again. These are her words. And there's nothing we can do but wait.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
dweck said:
She wants to die. She's said so. She misses her husband dearly and wants to be with him again. These are her words. And there's nothing we can do but wait.
It's sad, but sometimes this is all that can be done. We went through the same thing with my Dad's Mum after her husband died.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
When Ken's Dad had alzheimers he went from the most wonderful man you ever met, seriously, just a great guy, to very argumentative and mean spirited and it was very hard to adjust to. It is hard to lose the person you know and love when they are still with you in body.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Sorry to read this Dan I hope they can come to a diagnosis on the cause for her falls.

It's so hard to watch the ones you love deteriate so much into someone you don't know or want to be around. When they say they want to die it just rips your heart out.
My grandpa was the same way grandma died 15 years before him and he just wanted the suffering to end and to go be with her. It was so hard to watch but you don't want them to be alone either.

Bless you for taking care of her I wish your family the best and will keep her in my prayers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts