Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you all know, they moved mom from CICU to a regular room. She has one IV for hydration and of course still has a cathether. All other tubes and drains have been removed. She was pretty foggy this morning, but she sat up in a chair for 2 1/2 hours. I made sure she drank (2 cups of water and iced tea) and also ate her lunch, which she ate a good bit of. After lunch a lot of the fogginess cleared. I think right now when she gets very tired she gets foggier, but when she sleeps/eats she's feeling better.

Her eyes are not focusing well and her hand to mouth coordination is way off, but she was able to laugh at this today and tell me she'll start to see better in a couple days.

So we are seeing continued improvements, one small step at a time.

Thanks again everyone, for all your prayers and concern.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Linda, I know when my Mom had her heart issues and stroke they thought she had dementia but it was actually an UTI!!!! Love you both! Could you pm me Mom's address--I'd like to send her a card. I do miss you both so much. I wish I were closer.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Thanks for the update. I'm glad it is a good one. Tell your Mom that the entire RangerMom clan sends their best wishes for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
I'm so glad she doing so much better. God is good. Hopefully she'll be come home before too many more days. Tell her I said hi.

·
0 Posts
It's so good to hear that she's progressing. Continued good thoughts and prayers going her way.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
What? What happened? How did I miss this? CICU means it couldn't have been good.

I'm glad she is feeling better now whatever the case may be. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I only just saw this; hurray for your Mom!! I'll keep including her in our family's prayers until she's fully recovered.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts