Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers :)

My sweet girl either has a slip disc or a pinched nerve. Nothing showed up on the x-ray so he is sure that it's one of the two. 1 week strict leash walking, and no running, jumping, rough play etc...2 weeks she can be off leash, minimal exercise and then we bring her back in for a re evaluation. He said that short periods of swimming will be fine which is great since we're leaving for vacation on Thursday :D That way she can get some exercise in.

He gave her pain meds (2x a day), and muscle relaxers (3x a day). So hopefully she is on the mend! I will keep you all posted :D

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
No steroid? Dont they usually give that for a disk problem to take the swelling down? (I know working for a neurosurgeon they usually give that, plus an anti-inflammatory, and pain meds for people.):confused: either way, I hope she feels better and is on the mend.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Stace, I'm so glad you updated before I left today, as I won't be back online until next Monday.

Follow the doctor's orders and hopefully she'll be 100% in no time. :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I know you are relieved to find out what is going on with her. Hopefully the rest and relaxation with do wonders for both of you. Follow the doctor's advice and let us know how she (and you) are doing. p.s. Have FUN!! :D

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Hope she is back to normal soon! I bet the vacation and swimming will do her lots of good! Continued good thoughts and prayers for Molly!

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No steroid? Dont they usually give that for a disk problem to take the swelling down? (I know working for a neurosurgeon they usually give that, plus an anti-inflammatory, and pain meds for people.):confused: either way, I hope she feels better and is on the mend.
I'm not sure about the steroids. I know he said that there didn't appear to be any inflammation around either of her legs. He may give her more meds when we go back for our follow up in 2 weeks. I'm just glad that she is ok for now.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
They same thing happened to Jackson when he was 9 months old. It took him about a week to be himself and we kept him quiet another week. Our vet put Jack on the same things your vet did. No steroids.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts