Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**Update after the vet**

Well we just got home. Temp 101. Normal. The vet says Molly looks good, acting fine. So we are going conservative for now. She got a stool sample to check for parasites. She asked how Molly is throwing up. She said does it just come out or does her stomach move? She gave us reglan & we are starting on Panacur tonight. She said it is odd that she got sick both times after training in that pond. Even though no other dogs are sick & Abby is fine. She also said dogs can develop a sensitivity to their food at any time.
If Molly keeps doing this she will check for megasphogus or Addison's but Molly really is not displaying symptoms for those.
Also, she brought up about the training. She asked if I thought it was stressing her out. Molly doesn't have the drive/desire like Abby but I never thought she could be stressed from the training. She said it would be interesting to see if this happens after another training session.
I really like our vet, she knows we are concerned about Molly. This is a real puzzle.
She did respond well after the last time she had the vomiting. The vet said her stool is nice & firm. No lethargy. I just want her to feel better. We also started her back on Reglan.
The results from the stool sample will be back tomorrow. Now I have to go to work. :(
Thanks for all your kind thoughts. :)

I don't know what to think. Molly is throwing up again. She just had this 3 three weeks ago. She is pooping fine, wanting to eat, temp is 101'. She is not lethargic. Obviously she has a very upset tummy. With all this recall crap I worry, but Abby eats the same food & is fine. She has been on boiled hamburger & rice since last evening. No throw up last night but when I left them out before I was going to work, she threw up her rice & ground meat with shards of grass in it. ???
She had a complete blood panel 3 weeks ago & everything was fine. I am so puzzled.
I called work & said I was going to the vet & I would come in later. I am so worried about my girl.
Please send some good thoughts her way. I will update later.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Re: Molly is sick again. Calling vet at 9:00.

Oh no, Georgie! Poor Molly!! Good thoughts incoming for your girl... hope she is feeling better soon!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts

Hope Molly is ok... it is worrisome times. Even if the food you feed is on the "safe" list, with all of the new recalls "pending" I think everyone is on edge. Let us know what the vet thinks.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

Prayers on the way for Molly. Hope the vet can pinpoint the cause of her upset tummy.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts

sending out good thoughts to molly. hope she feels better soon!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts

Oh no Georgie, I'm sorry to hear it. Poor Molly. :(
Please update us later.

Prayers and good thoughts that it's nothing serious.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts

Poor Molly! I wonder what on earth is going on with her?
I'll look for your next post. :(

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

Good thoughts and prayers for Molly. Could she be eating something in the yard thats upsetting her stomach? I think there is also a theory that dogs will eat grass if they have an upset stomach. I hope she is feeling better very soon.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts

Good thoughts coming your way Georgie.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts

Aw, poor Molly. I understand how you feel. Let us know what the vet says. Like Susan said, this pet food recall thing has everyone on edge.

G

·

I am so sorry Molly is sick again. Good thoughts and prayers for her to feel better and that its NOT the dog food!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

I hope Molly is okay. Prayers and good thoughts coming.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts