Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, since I didn't have to be up early this morning I thought that perhaps instead of putting Molly in her crate for bedtime that I would put the dog bed in the kitchen and baby gate her in there...WRONG!!!! She whined and howled for almost 3 hours!!! I finally went downstairs and put her into her crate and she fell right to sleep! Personally I'd rather be in the spacious kitchen then a crate, but I guess she feels safe in there.

Hopefully I can finish cleaning my room up and she can start sleeping with me, but even when my room is spotless she finds something I missed and I'm worried she would get into something while I was still asleep. She thinks sleeping in my room is a game and she'll lick my face and dig at the covers...and she enjoys knocking my hamper over to bring me dirty undies :p Silly girl.

I might give it another shot tonight, but I have school in the morning so we'll see how that works.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Can you put the crate in your room to get her use to that is where she is to sleep? I have taught Cinnamon my room is for sleeping not for playing and it works well. She comes to bed has a night night biscuit and a 4 inch bull stick. She then comes up and snuggles and gets her belly rubbed and gives me kiss. She then knows it is time to settle down and will either sleep on the foot of the bed or in her crate which ever floats her boat. She knows hunting all over my room is not allowed.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, I never though about that. My room isn't very big at all and there's really no place to put her crate that I wouldn't trip over it. I bet that her soft sided crate would fit in the space at the bottom of my bed though and I could collapse it during the day and slide it under the bed...definitely something to think about...still have to finishing cleaning real good though (lol)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts