Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the flood situation where you are in NH?? I just saw on the news that over 200,000 people are out of power, and that they're having to evacuate neighborhoods because of the water level. Scary! :eek:

Hope you're staying dry!

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
it is a mess here in many towns. The National Guard has been called in and as of yesterday morning some were still stationed in town.
The poor folks in Goffstown(the town I work in) that were flooded last year and suffered property loss and damage were evacuated and their homes flooded again.
Many roads suffered major damage and it will take a long time to get them all back and safe.
The flood waters I think have subsided so the threat is gone...the state is dealing with tremendous clean up and restoration.
Fortunately we didn't lose power.

Here are some photos pulled from the newspaper online gallery from across the state

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=b36475e9a91e473aa1fa61de847355bf
the pictures of the center of the town of New Boston is just down the hill from where I live..

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
oh yeah, bren..most main roads are open now. Damaged but open. It is going to be a while before they get to our piddly road to fix but I can get out on my end of the road and into town.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Holy CHIT! That first picture of the road!! :eek:
Thank God you guys are safe and sound!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts