Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a gazillion of the little turds out here in the country, and have to watch the boys constantly so they don't tear up the yard going after them. :(

There is a product called "Scoot Mole" that is safe around pets. It makes the grubs the moles eat smell and taste bad, so they go somewhere else. It used to be just castor oil, but now there is also garlic in the formula. Bill is outside spraying it, and the whole area smells like the inside of an Italian kitchen! The neighbors are really going to hate us - first for the smell, and then when the moles all move to their yards. :eek:

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Let me know if it works and maybe we'll try it. We have a mole infestation!

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
My apartment complex is like a breeding ground for them. There are sooo many raised paths from them and random holes. I can't tell you how many times I've twisted my ankle and/or fallen from stepping in the stupid holes!!!

If you get a cat, it would probably get rid of them all! :D My parents' cat went outside and caught them all!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I have zillions. Zoe is obsessed with digging for them and has scored one already this year. Nasty little critters. Let us know how it works! The little grub granules didn't do much here.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, this stuff works! :D We've been using it for years, since we first got Shadow. I just makes the grubs taste and smell nasty, so the moles go where they haven't been treated. It doesn't kill anything, but it sure smells funny out there!

We haven't treated since very early last spring, and the moles have just started coming back where I had treated then. They do suggest you treat in spring and then again later in summer. You attach the smaller jug to the hose and spray the lawn before a rain, so it soaks in well. Or, you can just water it in well after spraying.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You might want to try a repellant I myself got @ Lowe's it's 90% castor oil and hooks onto the end of you hose. Sweenys mole and gofer repellant

I've used it the past two years and they are gone! (pet friendly too)

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
We have them here too. We just call them a different name. In this country, we call them politicians. :D

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
We have them here too. We just call them a different name. In this country, we call them politicians. :D
:D

I thought you were gonna talk about moles on your body!

I don't have moles. Maybe because there are three cats running around? Or maybe the rattly crawlers eat them all.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might want to try a repellant I myself got @ Lowe's it's 90% castor oil and hooks onto the end of you hose. Sweenys mole and gofer repellant

I've used it the past two years and they are gone! (pet friendly too)
That sounds like the Scoot Mole, but this one now has garlic added to it. It works beautifully. Will have to look into the one at Lowe's, as we had to order the Scoot Mole online.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts