Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm excited and a little nervous I really hope we can make it work that we can keep her at home and she gets a long with Aubrey. My parents are bringing her home Saturday morning and we're going straight to the vet to talk to her about some anxiety medication and what our options might be there. Then Sunday she's going to school :) I had signed her up for a control unleashed class before she left and have been taking Zeus in her place since the class was non refundable. Well we have three weeks of class left and the trainer said I could go ahead and switch them and bring Mocha. Mom had been working with her on a few of the things with the class and we cover new things each time so she won't really be behind on anything. I hope between the class and maybe some meds if the vet thinks they would help we can get her back where she's not got so much anxiety and can enjoy being home again.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I hope things work out.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh man, I hope it works out, Barb. Prayers!!!!! :)

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I hope everything works out when you bring her home. I will keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Sure hope it works out for you and your family.

Mocha, you behave yourself and be nice to the baby.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Fingers and paws crossed for a good outcome for your family and mocha- sounds like your giving it your best shot!! We'll be keeping happy thoughts coming your way-Di

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone I just pray I'm making the right decision. I think I am the vet suggested the meds and said they can be very effective so she will be able to relax enough that the training we're doing will help. I want both my babies home and happy.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Me too.. i've missed a post or something.. was she not okay with your parents or did you just want her back?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Things were fine there but they really didn't want to keep her permenantly they like to be able to travel to see my sister or me without having to make arangements for her.

I also want her back I miss her so much. I'm glad they were able to watch her for us until now with the warmer weather and DH done studying for the test he's taking today we'll be able to devote more attention to training and hopefully the vet can help us calm her down and work on the issues she's having.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I hope everything works out for you guys :) I think the meds are probably a very good idea, maybe she can come off them eventually, or she may be a lifer, but either way I think she'll be glad to have you back too!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hope everything works out for you guys :) I think the meds are probably a very good idea, maybe she can come off them eventually, or she may be a lifer, but either way I think she'll be glad to have you back too!
I think she loves it at mom and dads since they have much more of a yard for her to run but she definatly wanted to come home with me when I was there two weeks ago. I miss the old her before the anxiety started I hope we can get back to that. I know the meds for humans can make such a difference without too many side effects I hope they have something similar for her. I know the vet said they will do blood tests to check hormone levels and monitor them until the dosage is correct.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.