Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get your mind out of the gutter! :eek: ;)

I'm eating a hot dog right now and its SOOOO good. Its a vienna frank and its kinda crunchy on the outside and oh so juicy on the inside. when I bite into it it 'pops'. mmmmmm.....yum......they didn't have dogs like this in Flagstaff. Oh hotdog! How I have missed thee.....hold me tenderly!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh disgusting. Crunchy on the outside hot dogs that pop when you bite them. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

T

·
0 Posts
OK so hotdogs for dinner again tonight, thank you for helping on what we will be eating. Last week I couldnt find any buns.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jzgrlduff said:
Oh disgusting. Crunchy on the outside hot dogs that pop when you bite them. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
Its not exactly crunchy. Its more like the outside is so tight that when you bite into it the tension is broken and it pops. Make sense?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Yes Guili, and it's still disgusting. LOL! :D

I can eat a Ballpark beef frank once in a blue moon, as long as I don't look at it when I'm eating it. :-\

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Jimmies of Savin Rock in CT. Best split franks on the planet.
Bobby Meelans hotdogs from Upstate New York #2.
Hoffmann's natural casing franks Syracuse ,NY # 3.

Any good Coney Island white hot dog HMMMMMMMMMM!

Aw crap! All I hear is "Do you know how much fat is in a hot dog?" "Those aren't good for you!"

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jzgrlduff said:
Yes Guili, and it's still disgusting. LOL! :D

I can eat a Ballpark beef frank once in a blue moon, as long as I don't look at it when I'm eating it. :-\
LOL, I'm that way with milk. i like to drink it but (shudders) when I think about it being crusty, crunchy, expired, half frozen, I just wanna die! lol

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IzzyLucyWillie said:
Its not exactly crunchy. Its more like the outside is so tight that when you bite into it the tension is broken and it pops. Make sense?
Oh the direction in which this could lead ::)
ahhh!!!! perv! ;D ;) LOL Out of context that DOES sound pretty perverted, doesn't it? omg!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Apollopuppy said:
jzgrlduff said:
Natural casings. Now don't go destroying one of the last true American foods. What's next apple pie?

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
It's all about moderation. A hotdog once in awhile will NOT kill you. Hotdogs everyday for the entire summer...not good.
If you eat an otherwise healthy and nutritious diet, low in bad fats, salt & sugar, enjot a friggin' hotdog now and again! I think society totally has it wrong. What's up with a whole wheat hotdog bun? I eat whole grain bread every single day. When I eat a hotdog, I want a REAL hotdog, white bun & all. Hotdog and hamburger buns are not supposed to be made healthier, the point is to eat those "treat" foods occaisionally, not have them in your regular rotation.

Same with low fat donuts...what the hell is that?! A donut is meant to be an occaisional treat, all the flippin' taste comes from the fat and the refined white sugar...they just took the "treat" out of it. Same with low fat ice cream, what a bloody waste. Eat right & get you arse off the couch regularly and you can have a full fat, full flavour ice cream cone. People get the wrong message..."if it's low cal/lite/low fat, I can eat more of it, and more often" but the trick isn't making treat food less fattening, or "healthier", the trick is to make the "treat" foods actual "treats", meaning "occaisionally", not every day.

*steps off soapbox now*

Thanks for letting me rave like a lunatic, but sometimes we mak things waaaay more complicated than they need to be.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm with ya. Im starting to eat healthy but i dont think its a sin if I want a hot dog to have a hot dog. I think portion control is important, but if I want a dog cuz I ate well all week, god **** it I'm gunna have me a REAL hot dog!

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Apollopuppy said:
I'm with ya. Im starting to eat healthy but i dont think its a sin if I want a hot dog to have a hot dog. I think portion control is important, but if I want a dog cuz I ate well all week, god **** it I'm gunna have me a REAL hot dog!
I hope you enjoy it, it sounds delicious! I love the kind in the natural casings like you described ;D

Nothing like a big, fat, juicy weiner.

(Yep, that's right, I said it. ;) )

T

·
0 Posts
eastcoastmom said:
Apollopuppy said:
I hope you enjoy it, it sounds delicious! I love the kind in the natural casings like you described ;D

Apollopuppy said:
ahhh! Juicy weiners! :eek: ;D lol!!
You guys are dirty ;D

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Tater said:
eastcoastmom said:
Apollopuppy said:

Apollopuppy said:
ahhh! Juicy weiners! :eek: ;D lol!!
You guys are dirty ;D
Why, whatever do you mean? *blink, blink*

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
eastcoastmom said:
It's all about moderation. A hotdog once in awhile will NOT kill you. Hotdogs everyday for the entire summer...not good.
If you eat an otherwise healthy and nutritious diet, low in bad fats, salt & sugar, enjot a friggin' hotdog now and again! I think society totally has it wrong. What's up with a whole wheat hotdog bun? I eat whole grain bread every single day. When I eat a hotdog, I want a REAL hotdog, white bun & all. Hotdog and hamburger buns are not supposed to be made healthier, the point is to eat those "treat" foods occaisionally, not have them in your regular rotation.

Same with low fat donuts...what the hell is that?! A donut is meant to be an occaisional treat, all the flippin' taste comes from the fat and the refined white sugar...they just took the "treat" out of it. Same with low fat ice cream, what a bloody waste. Eat right & get you arse off the couch regularly and you can have a full fat, full flavour ice cream cone. People get the wrong message..."if it's low cal/lite/low fat, I can eat more of it, and more often" but the trick isn't making treat food less fattening, or "healthier", the trick is to make the "treat" foods actual "treats", meaning "occaisionally", not every day.

*steps off soapbox now*

Thanks for letting me rave like a lunatic, but sometimes we mak things waaaay more complicated than they need to be.

Very well said! You don't go to a ballgame and have a tofu wrap!

I watch what I eat and make pretty sensible choices. I love a hot off the grill, fat, juicy, hamburg with a slice of vidalia onion and a dab of thick bleu cheese dressing. Please pass the potato salad and yes real butter on the corn on the cob!

I would like to eat that type of food everyday but reality, it's a treat. It just makes the treat all the tastier!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Won't eat nothing but local, hot dogs from small meat lockers, yeah, natural casing, ya got to have guts to make natural casing hot dogs. ;D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts