Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was it ever revealed why he turned "white"? Did he actually bleach his skin, or was it makeup? I saw a picture of him the other day, and his hand was clearly caked with makeup.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
well... he had some condition that changed his skin color (very unevenly) so he tended to wear a lot of makeup to even out his appearance.

At least... that is the general consensus that I've heard.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Is he in the ground yet? Can we get something on the news of some importance and stop hearing about the weirdo. His music may have been good, but enough is enough. Bury him already.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stay tuned, Ed! It will be broadcast live today on every network! :p
Not the actual burial though, that will be another circus.

I can't view wiki, it locks up my computer every time for some reason.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I heard that he had some procedure that destroys the pigment producing cells in his skin. I saw a picture of his hands the other day, and the skin under his fingernails was still brown but his hands and arms were very light. That would make sense if he had skin bleaching or some laser treatment to destroy cells. Under his fingernails would be a hard area to treat.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
A girl who I used to work with had vitiligo, and almost her entire left hand was white as well as huge chunks of her face. She always used to say that MJ had to have had his skin bleached or altered in some way even if he did have vitiligo.

They thought I might have had it since I get patches of white all over my back and chest, but the dermatologist said that's not what it was. I'm a mystery! He said since my skin tone evens back out with minimal sun exposure that I probably just have lack of pigmentation in those areas.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw a picture of his hands the other day, and the skin under his fingernails was still brown
Oh gross.

Yes Shel, he met her at his dermatologists office, she worked there. Actually, his derm. is the one they are claiming was the biological father of the olders kids. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Gee what a circus. I also just read that his folks didn't live together. I don't know much about his folks but his dad sounds like an ass.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I heard he had vitiligo but had his skin bleached to even it out. I knew two kids growing up who had it. One kid was dark skinned and she had white patches all over the place, a huge one on her face. The other kid was a white girl and her patches were a pinky colour.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
My SIL has vitiligo, and it is mainly on her extremities - hands, arms, feet, and legs. She does have some spotting on her neck, but very little. She's had it since before I knew her, and it has changed little in the past 20+ years. It most certainly has not spread to cover her face or body.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Whatever, Enough MJ already. I hope after the circus er I mean funeral they (the media) will let him rest in peace. He was a troubled soul and suffered greatly for his demons. Unfortunately, we will probably still be hearing about him and the court battle for the kids a year from now. I really think it's a shame that his death and funeral were so blown out of proportion, but then his whole life was.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Whatever, Enough MJ already. I hope after the circus er I mean funeral they (the media) will let him rest in peace. He was a troubled soul and suffered greatly for his demons. Unfortunately, we will probably still be hearing about him and the court battle for the kids a year from now. I really think it's a shame that his death and funeral were so blown out of proportion, but then his whole life was.
The funeral was to honor him, and apparently there were enough people who adored him to go to the event AND watch it on TV. Obviously, the media is going to present what the overall population will watch. Life is too short to ***** about what's on TV for crying out loud.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Jules - wasn't a funeral was a memorial service, but that aside - it is a lot of coverage for a dead celeb - rivaling that of Anna Nicole Smith - who was famous who knows why - but I think it's somewhat because of the creepiness factor - and all the secrets surronding MJ. As for what we will / will not watch on TV - if someone hates "survivor" then can change channels...if someone wants away from MJ - no way out...if someone wants to watch Obama, well and good, if not, tough beans - he's everywhere!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it is a lot of coverage for a dead celeb - rivaling that of Anna Nicole Smith - who was famous who knows why
That's exactly who I've been comparing it to. That was ridiculous and went on FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
well... what did you guys think of the coverage of Princess Diana's death?

(I'm just curious... that was much bigger impact/more memorable to me than Anna Nicole Smith)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got up in the middle of the night to watch the funeral. I was glued to the TV.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts