Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading our local NBC stations website & of course the memorial service for MJ in LA tomorrow is all over it.

I stumbled on this:

Jackson will be buried in a $25,000, 14-karat gold-plated casket
Good f'ing grief... it is a casket, which will probably going into the ground at some point. His estate is in debt for millions of dollars yet someone thinks "Okay, let's spend $25k on his casket!" What the hell???? :confused:

Quite frankly, I will be glad when this over because he has dominated the news for more than a week now & it is getting really old!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I was just reading our local NBC stations website & of course the memorial service for MJ in LA tomorrow is all over it.

I stumbled on this:

Good f'ing grief... it is a casket, which will probably going into the ground at some point. His estate is in debt for millions of dollars yet someone thinks "Okay, let's spend $25k on his casket!" What the hell???? :confused:

Quite frankly, I will be glad when this over because he has dominated the news for more than a week now & it is getting really old!
Couldn't agree more! I just don't get it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Had a dream the other night, Chevy Chase came out to do Weekend Update and he said, "And Micheal Jackson is still dead.":rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Hope the casket maker got the money up front. MJ swindled millions out of store owners who were told to send a bill and then were never paid. I can't imagine the family is much different; especially when you can't exactly repo it.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
They could save a bunch of money and just spray paint it!! I mean really, once its in the ground who will know!:confused:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Same here. I can't wait until it's over but I have a feeling there will be stories for quite awhile.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
**sigh** When something comes on the news about him, I change the channel to something else. I am so sick of MJ. Even if there were no questionable things about him, for goodness sake there are other things going on. I hope when this service is over with tomorrow some of this will die down. Enough already.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
He's getting more press than Elvis did, too. I'm really tired of hearing about it.
Quite true. Elvis didn't leave a financial mess either. I was living in Memphis at the time he died and I got sick of the coverage, which wasn't nrealy as extensive as what Jackson has gotten.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Well at least MJ only has the music we'll have to here twice a year, on his B Day and the day he died, please tell me he didn't make a bunch of cheesy movies to clog up cable TV at the same time.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well at least MJ only has the music we'll have to here twice a year, on his B Day and the day he died, please tell me he didn't make a bunch of cheesy movies to clog up cable TV at the same time.:rolleyes:
Nope, no cheesy movies that I know of, but at least one or two cheesy videos. Those are easy enough to avoid, stay away from VH1 and any of the MTVs.

We're also subjected to "Thriller" getting played a bazillion times on Halloween.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts