Just Labradors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large mirror, probably about 3x4?, that used to hang on a wall and was put in a closet. I found the mirror this weekend and got to thinking what I want to do with it.

I want the dogs put on it! Either painted or etched. Has anyone seen this done before? Which would you recommend, paint or etching. And I was thinking I want all 5 dogs, not just the current 3. I think it is big enough to do. Maybe the current 3 in the middle and the other 2 in corners?

Looking for ideas?

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
That sounds like a cool idea. I'm no expert, but wouldn't etching involve the making of a stencil & thus cost a small fortune?

If it were me, I'd find a good artist, get a favourite photo & get it painted on. I'm assuming it hangs vertical in it's present form? If you want to fit 5 dogs on it, why not get it painted horizontal & hang it that way? I would think that would do the dogs more justice if it were spread out. ;)

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
That sounds like a wonderful idea. Between the etching and the painting, it all depends on what you like. Personally, I think I'd like the etching better.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My son has a friend who can do the etching and he said he would do it cheap for me. It could hang either direction. Spread out is a good idea!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Mrs

My son has a friend who can do the etching and he said he would do it cheap for me. It could hang either direction. Spread out is a good idea!
Definitely go with the etching, then, and in landscape. We have a mirror with a wolf scene etched on it and we just love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts