Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Poor girl now has advanced in her hip dysplasia and has some neuromotor problems in her hind end. The vet says she may have some pain and she doesn't know where her back legs and feet are. I have been giving her Tramadol and Rimadyl. We have now added neurontin which is supposed to help the nerves.

I guess I will have to see how the new medication does - I don't want to have to put her down yet. She still loves to eat but I don't want her in a lot of discomfort. She is almost 14.

Anyone have similar stories they want to share.
Thanks

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Sending good thoughts for Mira. I hope the meds help some. Though sitting when she eats sounds like something workable.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Breaks my heart to read sweet Mira has troubles. She and Emma is 3 days apart in age. Makes me feel so close to her.

I hope the new meds will do the trick. Do you have some new pics of the sweetheart?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi - I would like to post some pictures but I am not sure how any more. I have a Photobucket account to upload some. Can someone give me instructions?
Thanks for all the good wishes.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Hi - I would like to post some pictures but I am not sure how any more. I have a Photobucket account to upload some. Can someone give me instructions?
Thanks for all the good wishes.
When you have uploaded the pics, click on the pic there are 4 different codes, below the box "Share this image". It's the IMG Code, the last of the four you are supposed to copy and past in the post :).

·
Registered
460 Posts
sorry I don't know how I missed that!
I take neurontin for pain management of a spinal cord injury and it works well....I hope she gets some relief from it also.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.