Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many of them out there now! All trying to copy the Bare Escentials line, I suppose. Anyway, has anyone tried any of the drugstore ones - like Covergirl, Neutrogena, etc? If they're decent and it's easier to get, then I want to give one a try.
I can't stand the cakeface feel during the nice weather, and the Bare Minerals line is too much $$ for me right now.
:)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I have (and love) the Loreal Finishing Touch. I don't use foundation of any kind, so this just gives me an 'airbrushed" effect without adding colour.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have (and love) the Loreal Finishing Touch. I don't use foundation of any kind, so this just gives me an 'airbrushed" effect without adding colour.
Nice!! Powder too, or don't you need it with that?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I swore by Bare Minerals for a couple of years. One day I ran out of it. So I went and bought Loreal Bare Naturale. I could NOT tell the difference. And since its so much cheaper I only use Loreal now.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Are you sure of that name, Theresa? I don't see that on their website. I see Finishing Touch on the hair portion.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Nice!! Powder too, or don't you need it with that?
It is a mineral powder with the brush attached. I don't like the foundation powder look, plus my skin goes haywire is my pores can't breathe. This just gives a nice finished look. technically, it is marketed to be used after mineral foundation, mineral blush, etc, but I just sweep some on (along with undereye concelaer/hilight). Good to go, not heavy, but still gives that luminous glow. =)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I liked Physician's Formula products when I wore makeup. I tried a sample of the BE and it seemed too shiny.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i tried BE. most of it's too heavy. i look like a hooker, lol. i do use some sheer pink blush and the mineral veil from that line, though. i have combination skin so i use a tinted moisturizer from MAC and top it with those two things. all powder isn't a good look on me.

i tried the physician's formula and found it didn't have very good coverage. i'll have to check the loreal next time i buy makeup.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought you sold Avon.
Who? Laurie does/did. Hey Laur (or anyone) have you tried the Avon mineral line?

Looks like Loreal is the winner here. I'm going to check it out this weekend.

:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts