2,925 Posts
If this comes to pass.

The Government will know --

Where yo go
how long you have been there
how fast you got there
Know your speed - Issue a speeding ticket through your GPS

Talk about invasion of privacy

Also, do you think they will do away with the current gas tax, NOPE, this will just be a add on.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
If this comes to pass.

The Government will know --

Where yo go
how long you have been there
how fast you got there
Know your speed - Issue a speeding ticket through your GPS

Talk about invasion of privacy

Also, do you think they will do away with the current gas tax, NOPE, this will just be a add on.

This is bullshit. I drive 70 miles roundtrip to work. I pay for gas and the tax that goes with it. It is none of their business where and when I go.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I don't even like the idea of On-Star like things in my car because I don't like the idea of anyone knowing where I am at all times. We need to protect our privacy where we can. Even "medical chips" and the such creep me out. They're fine in the right hands for the right reasons, but that could change in the blink of an eye.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if we had great public transportation everywhere?

IMO... the whole stimulus bill could have been just that and it would have been great for us.
Then you'd have a system like in my hometown which runs buses 3/4 empty. Public transportation can work great in urban areas...notsomuch in rural and suburban areas.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I would disable it...just like I ripped off the tag on my mattress :)
lol!

What would it mean for someone like me that loves to travel...across several states. Am I going to be paying an extra big chunk of money for every trip I take? scary.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
They are also talking about a Smart Grid that would track your electricity use under the guise of being energy efficient and "green" with tax rebates and credits.

They attach a counter to your electric meter and track what temp your house is and when and for how long. Surcharges wil be placed when your temp reaches above the limit "Big Brother" has set. Surcharges will be double and triple the avg unit cost not just cost "more".

The Mileage Tax and the Smart Grid are both Forced Compliance...welcome to "Hope and Change".

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I defense of President "O"...I heard on GMA that he was "against" this proposal??? Dunno...ya know the media never gets anything right. LOL

And Nick is right; public transportation does not work in rural areas......Gawd I'm glad I will expire before....well...it's good to be old(er) now........

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
If gas prices go up, those buses would be full.
No they wouldn't, or at least no they weren't when gas prices were higher. The fatal flaw is that it's horribly inefficient to drive buses out into the county (with any frequency to get people to use it) to pick up a person or two every few miles. It's not profitable and it's not environmentally friendly.

Until they can find a way to run buses on something that's dirt cheap, it just won't work unless the passengers are concentrated in an area. The higher gas prices go, the higher the costs to the city for running the buses go.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I live in the burbs and they are going to be putting a commuter rail in. That runs from my town to where I work. I would stillhave to drive to the station and take the bus from the station where we are dropped off. It would probably take me 2 hours to get to work instead of the hour it takes now. My other concern is Makenna. If school calls and there is an emergency I can't be waiting for the bus to take me to the train. I need to get there now.

·
Registered
618 Posts
They are also talking about a Smart Grid that would track your electricity use under the guise of being energy efficient and "green" with tax rebates and credits.

They attach a counter to your electric meter and track what temp your house is and when and for how long. Surcharges wil be placed when your temp reaches above the limit "Big Brother" has set. Surcharges will be double and triple the avg unit cost not just cost "more".

The Mileage Tax and the Smart Grid are both Forced Compliance...welcome to "Hope and Change".
Great bumper sticker!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bobpr is gonna get you.

Bobr means nothing to me, he's the least of my problems, if I'm his biggest problem and if he wants to keep calling me out, then I seriously feel sorry for him.

Hunter, that's what I'm worried about, this will only head us in a bad direction.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts