Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't help but tell you guys this story! The other night I was watching TV and getting ready to turn in about 9:30. That is about the time Tal and Barney get into my bed. Midnight likes to sit in my lap, and just before I was about to get up, hopped into my lap and lay there...for an hour and a half. I didn't have the heart to move her until I knew if I didn't get into bed I would be toast for teaching the next day! The things we do for them, aye?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I know it's naughty but I let my 3 take it in turns for sleeping on the bed with us, each dog takes his/her turn throughout the week.

Some nights I wake up in pain either pins and needles or cramp as I am contorted and conscious not to disturb the "poor" dog!!!

Either I'm mad or totally love my pups.....guess a little of both!

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
for an hour and a half.
I can so relate to that, but with dogs on my lap. As soon as my recliner goes back, up comes Mitzi, Bruno, or Judy. Mitzi and Bruno especially seem to sleep so comfortably there, I don't have the heart to push them off. I must admit, there's something soothing about having a sleeping pet in my lap.
Some nights I wake up in pain either pins and needles or cramp as I am contorted and conscious not to disturb the "poor" dog!!!

I can so relate to the bed cramps too. I sleep with 4 dogs in a king size bed which should provide comfort space for all, but during the night, they have a way of all cuddling up to me in one side of the bed....cramps, pins and needles, cold because blankets end up under them, etc.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Sylvester does that to me, too. He'll just be doing his own thing and then climbs on my lap.. phone rings or need to reach something and I won't move until he leaves on his own.

I have a queen size bed so I have some room, but not much. I sleep on one side of the bed, Toby takes up almost the whole other side, then Abbey is up top with her head on the pillow next to me and Sylvester is somewhere in between. They move at night and I wake up half off the bed! :D

·
Registered
702 Posts

LOL I go through the exact same thing! And I only have a twin bed :eek::rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts