Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have fun chewing on this one. Check out the Supreme Court Finalists on CNN.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Probably better then Janet who says one thing as Governor and now parrots the exact opposite as head of Homeland Security. She knows how bad the border is yet now she is trying to blow the administrations sunshine up our a$$.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the selection process is going to be very interesting.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Send that ***** to Washington. Get her the hell out of here!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
What I don't understand is why they would even consider a non-American for our country's highest court. There should be a law against that like there is for being President.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Maybe so, but a non-American shouldn't be sitting on our highest court, IMO. They can't run for President and the Supreme Court is sometimes more powerful than President.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I understand her approval rating among Michiganders is at an all-time low.

But I don't understand why she's being called a "non-American."

She was born in Canada, emigrated with her parents to California when she was 4, grew up in this country, became an USA citizen in 1980 (according to info just Googled).

Are our citizens who were born outside of this country non-American and people who should be banned from high office?

For me, that's one of the greatnesses of this country -- absorbing all other nationalities, races, etc.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
She can't run for President. She shouldn't be allowed on the Supreme Court for the same reason. JMO, of course.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I'm stunned by the inclusion of Napolitano. She was a horrible governor, got off to a very rocky start as Sec. of Homeland Security, and somehow she's qualified to be on the Supreme Court? By virtue of what? Being a gay woman? Is that all it takes? (Wow, that's a lot of question marks, but I really am floored by the potential of her nomination.)

Is it too much to ask that the person show the ability to write a well-reasoned opinion and maybe have some constitutional law experience before they get to sit on the highest court? I don't care where you're from; just a little substance, please.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
She can't run for President. She shouldn't be allowed on the Supreme Court for the same reason. JMO, of course.
And of course the same for the VP and the Speaker of the House and all the Cabinet members and everyone who is in the line of succession to the Prez?

Leave it the way it is.

JMO, of course.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts