Just Labradors banner

When would you be able to attend a LabFest?

• Saturday May 30th

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Sunday May 31st

• Saturday June 6th

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sunday June 7th

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Saturday June 13th

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Sunday June 14th

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Sometime in August

• Sometime in September

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Michigan Labfest! (Poll Added!)

Okay so now that Spring is "here," it's time to figure all of this out!

I've posted 4234 times about it already, but I need to get some feedback from all of you who might want to come.

I'm no expert on dog parks, but I think our best bet would be to have it at the Orion Oaks Dog Park in Lake Orion. It's just a couple miles north of the Great Lakes Crossing mall area, right off of I-75. (http://www.oakgov.com/parksrec/ppark/orion.html)

They have a lot of open, fenced in spaces that are separate from the each other, a water area where they can go swimming, lots of trees and a few picnic tables.

We'd love to see everyone that came last year and all of the people who couldn't make it last year. And of course, any other non-Lab siblings/friends are invited as well :)

So now we have to figure out when would be best for everyone.. I mentioned before having a couple of them, maybe one in the next couple of months and one later in the late summer/early fall?

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
That would be great! I hate to even try to pick a date, but maybe in mid-May or something? And then later in the summer? I'll try to make it if we possibly can.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
We'll possibly be there, once a date is set!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
We could possibly swing this in the motor home with all 3 dogs with us. Of course Mothers day weekend would not work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am actually from MI and going home to visit family at the end of May..but i will be there later in the summer also, Id love to try and make one!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
May will probably not work for me...there are hunt tests or agilty almost every weekend in May...and that is where I will probably be...but y'all have fun!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Sometime in June is fine with me. Just not the 6th. I would like it to be a bit warmer than it is in May. I loved the dog park we went to last time. Great choice!

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sometime in June is fine with me. Just not the 6th. I would like it to be a bit warmer than it is in May. I loved the dog park we went to last time. Great choice!
I think Soldan's was okay, but I kind of like this Orion Oaks one better. These are the only two dog parks I've been to, so I guess I'm not the best judge.. but it's not just a pond/lake with some trees around it like the one in Lansing is.

It has a few wide open grassy areas that are fenced off from each other, a big fenced in area with trees to walk through, a giant hill and picnic tables. There's also a separate area with a dock so the dogs can go swimming. I like that it's sectioned off so when they need to stop swimming we can just get out of that area. :)

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's some pictures I took of the place in Lake Orion..
Wide open, fenced in places, good for fetch!

Then here is the separate water/dock area. There are two little "ramps" that go into the water so it's really easy for the dogs to get in/out of the water:

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
My parents live near Fremont ,Ohio, so it isn't too far a drive up there. I went to a "fest" once when I was up visiting my parents - lots of fun and it's where I met several JL members for the first time. My weekends seem to fill up really fast, between work and dog shows and spending a weekend or 2 at home. I put down the last weekend in May , or sometime in August. I pretty sure that the first 2 weekends in June are out for me becuase of work obligations, and I think we leave on vacation the third weekend of June (if we go this year), but don't worry about me - it's only luck if I can actually attend due to neeeding a whole weekend to do it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts