1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This stuff scares the $#!+ out of me.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17808933/wid/11915773/?GT1=9145

http://health.msn.com/general/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100150693&GT1=9145

You are not supposed to put battery acid into your body. You are not supposed to put ammonia into your body!!! :eek:

Look at these people: I'm going to have nightmares about this last one in the top row.

I'm scared for kids growing up nowadays. When I have kids, we are all going to move to the wilderness and live in a cave.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I agree. This is a really scary drug and a big problem.

M

·
0 Posts
The most recent development is that meth labs are now flavoring it with strawberry (Strawberry Qwik), cola, mint and other flavors to increase the draw to younger addicts and to "brand" their particular poison.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
MTI said:
The most recent development is that meth labs are now flavoring it with strawberry (Strawberry Qwik), cola, mint and other flavors to increase the draw to younger addicts and to "brand" their particular poison.
sick :mad:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was always a huge problem in Iowa, where I grew up too. Anhydrous ammonia was all over because farmers would have it on their farms, co-ops would have it...very easy to get ahold of. Also, I-80 and I-35 cross in Iowa and I guess it was a HUGE problem in that particular town...lots of it traveling north/south and east/west met there...it was kind of a hub.

And that sickens me about making it strawberry flavored. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
307 Posts
I did it a few times back when I was in school.

I'm just glad I didnt get hooked like these other guys did.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Several members of my family farm and they've been putting out anhydrous for a few weeks now and it's a dangerous time of year. People will do just about anything to get a hold of it...from something as mild as offering to buy it to stealing it at gunpoint.

K

·
0 Posts
It has taken over my hometown. I left for school and everyone was smoking pot. I go back on a weekend and it's meth. So scary.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
You know what's crazy? My sociology of drug abuse class last year stressed and stressed how meth is NOT all that common, and about how the media portrays it as a MUCH bigger problem than it really is. There were statistics to back this up (of course), and while I don't remember what they were, I know it was pretty low.

I don't know if I believe this, though. I've never come across it, but I've never even smoked pot, so I'm not the best person to ask either. I do know of someone at home that got busted for making meth.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
LarrytheLabs Mom said:
You know what's crazy? My sociology of drug abuse class last year stressed and stressed how meth is NOT all that common, and about how the media portrays it as a MUCH bigger problem than it really is. There were statistics to back this up (of course), and while I don't remember what they were, I know it was pretty low.

I don't know if I believe this, though. I've never come across it, but I've never even smoked pot, so I'm not the best person to ask either. I do know of someone at home that got busted for making meth.
Come take a stroll through Vancouver's downtown/Eastside and tell me it's "NOT all that common". Invite your professors to come along too. The trip might force them to get their heads out of their asses.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
From what I understand, it's worst in the Pacific Northwest (esp. Portland to Vancouver), San Diego, and in rural areas. It's stereotyped as a poor white drug, in the way that crack was a poor black drug. We have a drug problem in the Bay Area, but not much of a meth problem to my knowledge. Crack and heroin are much bigger here. Although it is increasingly a problem in the gay community (the "party and play" phenomenon).

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
kaisdad said:
LarrytheLabs Mom said:

Come take a stroll through Vancouver's downtown/Eastside and tell me it's "NOT all that common". Invite your professors to come along too. The trip might force them to get their heads out of their asses.
Yeah many city's in Oregon have a very high rate of meth use. The government truly needs to start backing out of there proverbial asses

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Actifed also. I had to switch to Benedryl because it got to be such a pain in the butt to buy actifed for my allergies.

And yes, meth was HUGE back in my home town. So many people used it...even me....a long time ago. I got away from it and totally
cleaned up (I wasn't as bad as those people in the pics though) but so many of them are still there...and still on it.
My brother's best friend contracted HIV from sharing needles to shoot it. And there are lots of my old friends that
were once beautiful...and now they look like the people in those pictures. Those big sores on their faces....do you
know what that's from? When you use meth, you don't sleep. You just obsess over things. You might play cards for
48 hours straight....or you might clean obsessively. Some people would pick at themselves obsessively.
That's how they get the sores. :-\

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those big sores on their faces....do you
know what that's from? When you use meth, you don't sleep. You just obsess over things. You might play cards for
48 hours straight....or you might clean obsessively. Some people would pick at themselves obsessively.
That's how they get the sores.
In college, there was a girl in my speech class that gave a speech on meth use (a former user herself). She said it gave you the sensation of bugs crawling all over your body and they would pick and pick at themselves. A friend of hers picked at his leg all the way down to the muscle. :eek:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts