Just Labradors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stopped by the pet store by me to see if they had any of Abbey's food in and met a woman who just rescued a tiny, skeleton-like chocolate lab mix. She looked about the size of a 8-week old Lab but all skin and bones. Turns out she's actually more like 6 months old. :surprise:

Apparently the lady heard of the dog's neglect from a friend of a friend and went to take the dog. I guess the people that had her left her in the crate ALL THE TIME, even when they were home. Grr. On top of that, they didn't feed her. She's terrified of men, so who knows what else happened to the poor dog. :mad:

She was just all skin and bones, but she was very affectionate towards me and gave me kisses. Poor baby girl.. but she's in a good home now so at least I can breathe easy! It will be interesting to see how she grows up.. I just hope that her growth won't be severely stunted from not being fed. :(

I told her (jokingly) to give me those peoples' address so I can go give them a piece of my mind. Or perhaps a fist to the face. :whistle:

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
It is always heartwarming to hear these stories. That girl is so lucky. I bet next time you see her she will have more weight on. Let us know if you do see her again. :happy:

Oh & I forgot to say....her former owners should be kept in a crate & not fed. :no:

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
kal3idoscope said:
Rangermom said:
That is a really nice story. I wish that poor lab has a wonderful life now. Oh and Georgie, I will donate the crate.
We have to make sure it's a really small one. And we can dangle food in front of them and talk about them while they are in there and walk by them a lot. :yes:
All adults in one crate and I agree the smaller the better, asshats!! So glad the puppers is on her way to a better life, it would be great to see updates!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.