Just Labradors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a joyous time.

For those midwesterners, MN, WI, IA, IL that are traveling beyond the end of the driveway: Be careful - Late is better than never. A different day a different time, is better than dead.

Predicting 3-6 on the ground Thursday morning when we wake up, continuing to 15-20 by Saturday morning. Couldn't be worse timing for holiday travel. And with MSP being a hub for Delta, its driving or flying. I don't know if MI is included in this storm's path.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas and a joyous time.

For those midwesterners, MN, WI, IA, IL that are traveling beyond the end of the driveway: Be careful - Late is better than never. A different day a different time, is better than dead.

Predicting 3-6 on the ground Thursday morning when we wake up, continuing to 15-20 by Saturday morning. Couldn't be worse timing for holiday travel. And with MSP being a hub for Delta, its driving or flying. I don't know if MI is included in this storm's path.

"Spossed to be about the same here, right now we hope the rain turns to snow and not freezing rain again as per last night. The trees are coated pretty good right now, I don't want to see sparks when I head home at 9.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Yeah, it's going to be terribly bad for driving in any region that gets freezing rain -- and I'm afraid large areas are going to get that.

I'll be keeping a close eye on The Weather Channel's non-stop TV updates tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wasn't supposed to start snowing here until midnight. At 8:00 pm we already had a fresh inch on the ground. Maybe the storm is moving faster and will blow right over us quickly.

No! I have not been drinking.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
We got a good 4" last night, Ed (SW MN), and are expected to get up to 15" between tonight and Saturday morning. Our Christmas plans are pretty much on the hold for now
:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.