Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:p I got up at 5:30 A.M., made coffee, drank two cups and gave Merlot his morning walk at 6:00 A.M. It was pouring down rain, so I shortened his walk to a half hour. I was drenched and soaked to the bone when I returned, but then I had to give Zoey her walk, also. I filled the dog dish with kibbles, and went upstairs to put on dry clothes. When I came back down, I was going to make me some eggs and toast, but the fresh loaf of bread that was on the kitchen counter was missing :eek: Zoey was still in the kitchen eating her kibbles, bur Merlot was in the lving room with an empty tore up bread wrapper at his feet and was chomping down the last couple slices of bread :mad: I thought he had out grown stealling food, because Zoey keeps him pretty wore out, and he has been very good since we adopted Zoey a month ago. But now, he is up to his old tricks again. Last Easter he stole a 5 pound ham off the stove and ate the whole ham! He was only 7 months old then, so I forgave him. A year ago Christmas he ate a whole box of Russle Stovers chocolates that was under the tree, and he was only 10 weeks old, then. He must have a cast iron stomach, as the chocolates and the ham didn't faze him a bit, and the loaf of bread he ate this morning didn't effect him either.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Merlot_1 said:
He must have a cast iron stomach, as the chocolates and the ham didn't faze him a bit, and the loaf of bread he ate this morning didn't effect him either.
We all hate it when it happens, but stealing food stories have got to be some of the funniest I've heard. Our Doberman once ate some mango slices that I had left on the coffee table. :)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
You should probably check the peanut butter jar!
Just don't ever leave a whole box of doughnuts on the counter...

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
You are SOO lucky about the rock hard stomach! Rock is teh opposite.

His favorite treat is a loaf of bread. He's stolen two fresh loafs of pumpernickle bread!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tanya said:
You are SOO lucky about the rock hard stomach! Rock is the opposite.
Yeh, I guess I am. Before I joined this forum, I didn't know certain foods could kill dogs. Merlot's favorite treats use to be raisins and red grapes :eek: I use to give him a small box of raisins as a treat once a week, also dates and grapes. I never noticed any change in his stools, and I never found any puke in the yard or house. ??? On the other hand, Zoey gets sick on ice cream, which I use to give Merlot EVERY night! I guess all dogs are different on what their stomaches can tolerate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts