Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last week or so Mercedes has had bad diarreha,,piles of yellow watery diarehha..not many times a day, but when she goes itis awful...also been itching all over...still eats and drinks normal. i called the vet and they gave her Pro Pectalin and put her on a bland diet for a few days. The D is not as bad , but still very loose..and the Benadryl does nothing for the itchy skin>>>>bad enough Iam a lot of health problems,,high calcium in my blood which leads me to believe there is a cancer not being found..worried I will not out live her . i have no one to take her. I am a widow and she is all I have, i just feel she is very ill..like a kidney or liver problem, she is 4 yrs old..so back to the vet this week if there is no improvment. thanks for letting vent.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Give her nothing for 12 - 24 hours, then plain boiled white rice in small amounts for half a day. Start adding small bits of boiled chicken to the rice, and see if that helps with the diarrhea. You can also add a little (tablespoom or two) plain, canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling) and see if that helps.

Good luck to both of you.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, this is what I am feeding her now..they gave me a list of foods..some I never heard of doing..boiled milk,dry curd cottage cheese, hard cooked egg whites. Iam feeding her rice and chicken. she is hungry as hell, but the poops are still somewhat yellow and loose, not as bad but still not normal..I just read a post on Lab Health and they were having the same problem..virus or maybe food..they also were feeding Nutro. I feed Nutro chicken, rice and oatmeal after about 10 different brand trys this was the only one that agreed with her..now Iam thinking about contaminaton, possibly.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Whenever mine go the chicken and rice route, I put the chicken and rice in a food processor and make a paste out of it and form chicken/rice balls. I hope she gets well soon.

I know how you feel, worrying about not outliving her. I worry too about who would take care of mine should I go before them. I have relatives who would take them, but I know they wouldn't have the life style they are accustomed to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts