Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18062886/

Man, your face looks nice! Is it the makeup?


Hey, men: Don't be surprised if very soon your toiletry kit contains not only shaving cream, deodorant and toothpaste, but concealer, oil-absorbing face powder and brow gel.

That's because guys are relying on an increasing number of made-for-men products like these to put their best face forward.

"I think men are much more receptive to the whole grooming concept from start to finish. Makeup is sort of the final frontier," says Wendy Lewis, a beauty consultant and author of "The Beauty Battle: An Insider's Guide to Wrinkle Rescue and Cosmetic Perfection from Head to Toe." "They’re certainly concerned about camouflaging imperfections. The idea of a little light dusting of powder is no longer an extreme measure."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,206 Posts
My friend Marilka... her boyfriend uses eyecream.. has been for a while.

I JUST started using eyecream and I don't even use it on a daily basis... perhaps I should be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
When you know what freezes up and freezes up all the flyin' pigs. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,503 Posts
My DH would no sooner wear makeup than a dress. He would never go for this stuff. He thinks the fact my Dad gets manicures is hysterical...always calling him Girlie-Boy lol....
What can I say..married a caveman :eek: ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
WeHeartLabs said:
My DH would no sooner wear makeup than a dress. He would never go for this stuff. He thinks the fact my Dad gets manicures is hysterical...always calling him Girlie-Boy lol....
What can I say..married a caveman :eek: ::)
Hey, I resemble that remark. ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My SU makes fun of a guy he plays golf with whose wife makes him use some clinique product so he does not get crows feet. He thinks using sunscreen is a stretch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,418 Posts


"Honey, that's my blush. Your's is the toasted caramel."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
As close as mine will get is sunscreen. He won't even use chapstick, because he doesn't like the way it feels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,418 Posts
Nick said:
Jinx said:


"Honey, that's my blush. Your's is the toasted caramel."
What's a good brand? I mean...if I knew someone that was like that, what would be a good brand for them. :p
Bare Minerals is pretty good. And supposed to be good for your skin. *snicker*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Nick said:
Jinx said:


"Honey, that's my blush. Your's is the toasted caramel."
What's a good brand? I mean...if I knew someone that was like that, what would be a good brand for them. :p
Clinique just put out a really pretty one. *grins*

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,418 Posts
gailatmsu said:
Nick said:
Jinx said:


"Honey, that's my blush. Your's is the toasted caramel."
What's a good brand? I mean...if I knew someone that was like that, what would be a good brand for them. :p
Clinique just put out a really pretty one. *grins*

To hit their target consumers maybe they need a line embossed with tractors and power tools. Bwahahahaha!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
dweck said:
Actually, for those of us men who have been on television, makep is both essential and common.......
Yep, when we were in college (broadcast meteorology major then - switched over to geosciences with an emphasis in operational meteorology & communication since I had so many credits there), we actually had MAC makeup artists come in and give everyone an on-camera makeover once. It was fun, but some of the guys didn't enjoy it too much even though they knew they would need it. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,007 Posts
dweck said:
Actually, for those of us men who have been on television, makep is both essential and common.......
That's stage make-up, t'ain't the same. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,765 Posts
Jinx said:
To hit their target consumers maybe they need a line embossed with tractors and power tools. Bwahahahaha!!!
LOL

Perhaps a gun? :p

"Honey, could you pass me my John Deere eye liner?"

"Oh my, are you using my Glock lip gloss?"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,129 Posts
delmonico said:
When you know what freezes up and freezes up all the flyin' pigs. ::)
Am I the only one around here who's man enough to put on a little rouge now and then? Pfff. Wusses.

But no way am I wearing chaps. I have to draw the line somewhere.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top