Just Labradors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm getting my hair coloured again today. am thinking lots of blonde foils (over my already blonde hair.. just blonder) with some chocolate brown ones thrown in. I asked Dave last night what I should get done... he told me he'd think about it and get back to me. Just before bed he proudly said to me "I think i know what would be perfect in your hair this time" and I said "yes whats that?" and he goes "foils!"

Not kidding, he actually thought 'foils' were a different colour to what I usually get. LOL.. I had to explain that all the colours were foils. He was quite embarrassed bwahaha

Does the man in your life do this often too ??? I doubt I'm the only one hehe :D ;) :p

· Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not David T. He could possibly be classed as a metro-sexual i guess. He loves helping me pick stuff out and enjoys me asking his opinion on my outfit or hairstyle etc..

· Registered
6,114 Posts
I think it's nice he made an effort. Last summer I went from shoulder length curly hair to hair about two inches long and Chris didn't notice. After about three days he asked me if I was wearing a new blouse cause I looked different.

I think I'd just as soon my husband not know what foils were, either. :)

· Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's nice he made an effort. Last summer I went from shoulder length curly hair to hair about two inches long and Chris didn't notice. After about three days he asked me if I was wearing a new blouse cause I looked different.

I think I'd just as soon my husband not know what foils were, either. :)
He always makes an effort. I love him so much because he is so attentive .... that is why I found it so funny. He worked so hard in his mind to try and find something that he thought would be perfect... and came up with foils. I just found it very cute and very David. So I wanted to share. I thought that others here might have similar stories about their partners that they consider 'cute' like that too! :)

· Registered
6,990 Posts
SU knows but probably only because my stylist will charge by the foil and I balk about it once in a while. As long as I'm not in tears, he likes whatever I do/have done with my hair.

· Registered
14,287 Posts
As long as the hairstylist didn't cut my boobs off, Steve could care less what I do with my hair, lol!.
Of course, I wear it long & wavy, and pretty much always have. If I came home in a pixie cut he might have an opionion. I usually just get trims, no colour, so he always says "you always look great, baby" , which is Steve-speak for "I really can't tell what they did to it, you look the same as when you left this morning".

· Registered
10,257 Posts
Foil: What a Hershey Kiss is wrapped in.

No?

Dayum.

And the notice/not-notice shoe goes on both feet, ladies. I had a moustache for a number of years when I was younger and I shaved it off and said not a word, wanting to see how long it was before Eileen noticed.

Three days!

· Registered
49,306 Posts
DH only asks me NOT to get it cut short...I never would. Just had my hair done last Sat and he said "I like your hair" :D

He shaved off his moustache last year...OMG I told him not to do that ever again!! I kept looking at him like "Who are you?" so did dd :)

· Registered
454 Posts
My dad shaved his moustache when I was 16 (he grew it when I was born because at 23 he looked too young to have a drink in the bar to celebrate my birth and got turned away, he thought it would make him look older). So I had never seen him without it. I turned the corner of the corridor just as he was walking out of the bathroom after finishing the shave, and I screamed bloody murder thinking there was an intruder in the house. :eek:

DH likes my hair long. And he was quite excited when I said I was thinking of dying it blonde, until I mentioned it was probably going to cost close to $100. He started to think my natural colour looked really good then. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.