Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting my hair coloured again today. am thinking lots of blonde foils (over my already blonde hair.. just blonder) with some chocolate brown ones thrown in. I asked Dave last night what I should get done... he told me he'd think about it and get back to me. Just before bed he proudly said to me "I think i know what would be perfect in your hair this time" and I said "yes whats that?" and he goes "foils!"

Not kidding, he actually thought 'foils' were a different colour to what I usually get. LOL.. I had to explain that all the colours were foils. He was quite embarrassed bwahaha

Does the man in your life do this often too ??? I doubt I'm the only one hehe :D ;) :p

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Steve wouldn't know a foil from a tractor. He could care less about any of that. Frankly, I'd be highly concerned if he knew anything at all about haircare or beauty regimens. He hasn't got an ounce of metrosexual in him, lol! =)

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not David T. He could possibly be classed as a metro-sexual i guess. He loves helping me pick stuff out and enjoys me asking his opinion on my outfit or hairstyle etc..

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I think it's nice he made an effort. Last summer I went from shoulder length curly hair to hair about two inches long and Chris didn't notice. After about three days he asked me if I was wearing a new blouse cause I looked different.

I think I'd just as soon my husband not know what foils were, either. :)

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's nice he made an effort. Last summer I went from shoulder length curly hair to hair about two inches long and Chris didn't notice. After about three days he asked me if I was wearing a new blouse cause I looked different.

I think I'd just as soon my husband not know what foils were, either. :)
He always makes an effort. I love him so much because he is so attentive .... that is why I found it so funny. He worked so hard in his mind to try and find something that he thought would be perfect... and came up with foils. I just found it very cute and very David. So I wanted to share. I thought that others here might have similar stories about their partners that they consider 'cute' like that too! :)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
SU knows but probably only because my stylist will charge by the foil and I balk about it once in a while. As long as I'm not in tears, he likes whatever I do/have done with my hair.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
i'm getting my hair coloured again today. am thinking lots of blonde foils (over my already blonde hair.. just blonder)
So if we use the dumb blonde analogy here, you want to go from being a dumb blonde to a dumber & blonder blonde? :confused: Not only that, but also one from NSW :D

Sorry, but you asked for it! :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
My husband has an opinion for sure. He has no idea what a foil is. He has an opinion on length though. I think he would not like it if I was not a blonde any longer. I have highlights.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
As long as the hairstylist didn't cut my boobs off, Steve could care less what I do with my hair, lol!.
Of course, I wear it long & wavy, and pretty much always have. If I came home in a pixie cut he might have an opionion. I usually just get trims, no colour, so he always says "you always look great, baby" , which is Steve-speak for "I really can't tell what they did to it, you look the same as when you left this morning".

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Foil: What a Hershey Kiss is wrapped in.

No?

Dayum.

And the notice/not-notice shoe goes on both feet, ladies. I had a moustache for a number of years when I was younger and I shaved it off and said not a word, wanting to see how long it was before Eileen noticed.

Three days!

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
DH only asks me NOT to get it cut short...I never would. Just had my hair done last Sat and he said "I like your hair" :D

He shaved off his moustache last year...OMG I told him not to do that ever again!! I kept looking at him like "Who are you?" so did dd :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
My dad shaved his moustache when I was 16 (he grew it when I was born because at 23 he looked too young to have a drink in the bar to celebrate my birth and got turned away, he thought it would make him look older). So I had never seen him without it. I turned the corner of the corridor just as he was walking out of the bathroom after finishing the shave, and I screamed bloody murder thinking there was an intruder in the house. :eek:

DH likes my hair long. And he was quite excited when I said I was thinking of dying it blonde, until I mentioned it was probably going to cost close to $100. He started to think my natural colour looked really good then. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts