Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this in an email and thought i would share it with everyone. If its been posted before i appologize in advance.

May 9, 2007

The following is the hottest thing on the internet and on Fox News

today. Lizzie Palmer who put this YouTube program together is 15

years old. There have been over 3,000,000 hits as of this morning. In

case you missed it, here it is. ( copy and past into your browser )

http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
That was beautiful. It put a huge lump in my throat. I would take out the picture of the man in the casket. Too much!

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
My favorite picture was the silhouetted guy looking through binoculars with the sunset behind him... what a shot!

My only comment is... does anyone really NOT support the troops these days? Is there really a question about whether or not we value them? Seems to me the only divide we have in this country is not over the troops themselves but the people making the decision to put them in harms way.

I really don't think there is any significant number of people who don't support the troops... who don't want them home safe as soon as possible... who don't value their contribution and their commitment to protecting us and our way of life.

Because I wasn't even born yet... was it really that bad during/after Vietnam? Did the public really treat our returning soldiers poorly? What the hell was wrong with people back then if they did?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts