Just Labradors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got home this evening and took the boys out for retrieves... there she was with what remained of yesterday's black bird.

Politely plucking and *pftttting* feathers out of her mouth; the bird's head was noticeably absent and I think it was minus a wing, maybe a leg or two? I really didn't want to investigate that closely so I told her to "take it away, Meg". She did. Soft mouthing it to a spot about ten feet to the south, whereupon she happily rolled around on it on her back.

Methinks a certain young cat of mine had something to do with all of this. And she's not talking.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ewwww. Poor birdie. I'd have thrown it as far away, out of their reach, as possible.
I know Megan. She was "tending" to the bird. None of the other dogs will even have a niff on anything like that in the yard. For some reason (happily) they show no interest whatsoever.

I would not put my dogs at any sort of health risk, but I will take every opportunity to learn more about their inherent behaviours. It is rare that this sort of thing takes place and so... seize the day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.