Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jared and Megan got a puppy a couple of weeks ago - a Shiba Inu (sp??). We're going there for dinner tonight so we finally get to meet little Ace! We're going to bring Tucker with us, should be fun!! I'll post pics tomorrow!!
:D

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
Jared and Megan got a puppy a couple of weeks ago - a Shiba Inu (sp??). We're going there for dinner tonight so we finally get to meet little Ace! We're going to bring Tucker with us, should be fun!! I'll post pics tomorrow!!
:D
Aw, I love them, Shiba Inu's are so cute.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aw, I love them, Shiba Inu's are so cute.
I've never seen one, or even heard of them! It was a spur-of-the-moment purchase, but they seem to be doing everything right so far. I gave them tons of advice of course (no rawhide, use a kong, nylabone, etc), and they're going to be taking him to class. He's also crate trained already and housetrained, which is great. I think he's only like 12 weeks now. He goes everywhere with them. :happy:

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
They are very striking looking. We have a couple of them in this area. They are pretty aloof and I noticed they are never let off leash.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wait till you see him, he'll look like a fox!
Oh wait! I think there was 1 in Frankie's obedience class. It looked like a fox and had a weird name. Cute! :happy:

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Coolio dog -- Takes a special kind of owner, though, as they can be incredibly headstrong.

They're adorable, though. Yes. Like a little fox. TONS of personality. :happy:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just read that they almost became extinct after WWII!! I wonder why......

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ahhh, OK. I didn't realize they originated from Japan. :gum:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When sufficiently provoked or unhappy, the dog will produce a loud, high pitched scream
HA HA!!! :laugh: I'll have to ask them if he's done that yet. I'm sure the neighbors in their apartment will appreciate that. :gum:

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
When sufficiently provoked or unhappy, the dog will produce a loud, high pitched scream
HA HA!!! :laugh: I'll have to ask them if he's done that yet. I'm sure the neighbors in their apartment will appreciate that. :gum:
I've never heard that... But maybe the Shiba in our classes was never provoked or unhappy.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe Tucker will provoke him. :whistle:

Just kidding, Tuck is great with other dogs and they said Ace is, too.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm pretty sure he's red. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts