Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the meet and greet went well on Saturday so Zeus is now officially part of our family. So far everything is going good except Mocha's doing some resource guarding which I need to figure out how to correct.
I got a new camera last week so I got lots of pictures.

(yes that's slobber on Mocha's head..lol)

Meeting Smeagol

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Congratulations on the new addition. Welcome to JL Zeus!!! He's a purty boy!!! My older dog Kelly is a resource guarder among other things. She's 14, so..I don't think we'll ever change her. I feed them separately and stand watch.
Good luck with the new boy.... Jackie :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Holy crap, apparently I missed something!! :D Congrats on getting Zeus! What a handsome boy! :-*

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Congrats! I hope everything goes well. There is bound to be a period of adjustment for all the dogs. But, I agree with you. The food guarding should be nipped int he bud. Good luck

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
aww, so glad to hear the meeting went well on Sat and welcome to zeus, he's gorgeous!

how does he get along with smeagol?

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Congratulations. He's gorgeous.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those of you who didn't catch my other posts about him he was my cousin's dog who is going through some rough times and was having to keep him outside. She wanted him to be inside and have someone around more. He's about 1 1/2 yo and overall really well mannered. He needs some obedience but he's really not that bad. He was barking all night long at my cousin's but I have only heard 1 bark out of him so far, he's whined a few times but not terrible.

Saturday night he slept in his crate all night without a peep!! Last night he whined for a few minutes right away but after that he slept the rest of the night. No messes in our house so far but he did pee on mom's furnice in the basement so we need to watch him pretty close.

So far it's constant bitey face with Mocha other than the food thing she's doing great with him. You can see there is a decent size difference he's 72lbs and she's 64lbs but he's SOOO tall...lol

He does good with Smeagol or at least as good as Mocha does we wouldn't trust Smeagol on the ground with either of them yet because he's too skiddish and freezes if they get to roudy then he gets stepped on :(

My cousin also has a toy poodle so Zeus was semi used to having a small dog around. I took him to Feeder's supply to get his crate and a new collar and he did awesome! He just meandered aroun with me and let several people pet with without getting excited like Mocha does.

If we can get this resource guarding problem solved I beleive this is going to be a good match. Only thing is now I have 2 shadows everywhere I go...lol

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes he fits right in he follows Mocha everywhere it's so cute. He mimics her too so I'm hoping training will be easy since she's pretty well trained.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone! His size is going to take me a bit to get used to Mocha's so small compared to him he's all legs head and feet...lol

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Congratulations! ;D Welcome to the JL family, Zeus. Wishing you many years of happiness as a family.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts