Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After dreaming about owning my own horse for 36 years, trying to saddle up our goat when i was 5, and daydreaming in the horse fields by my house when i was smaller and then in the field where i'm leasing, I am now officially a horse owner. My dad bought his little girl (me) my first horse. He always said he would when the time was right and after doing months of research, riding all kinds of different horses, asking tons of questions, and having him checked out, Paul fits me to a "T".

He is a 6 year old quarter horse and he comes from a famous line of cutting horses, his great grandfather being one of the best in the US but for me, Paul is my western pleasure, and trail riding horse. He is everyone's favorite at the barn and such a gentlemen. The barn owner is giving me an incredible deal on boarding since i'm keeping him there and will include lessons on riding him since he has so many specialities.

so without further ado, i introduce paul:

·
Registered
601 Posts
What a gorgeous horse! Congrats!! I hope someday I can say the same. :D

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He is much prettier than a goat :D
no kidding. my dad bought me a child's saddle from a garage sale when i was young and you don't know how many times i tried to saddle that goat but all he did was stand there at first and then when i tried to catch him after that, he knew exactly what i wanted to do and stayed far away from me.

thanks everyone. he was definitely worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
he is absolutely beautiful. love the name (that's su's name and i am sure he won't be upset having a horse named after him !!!) enjoy the new man in your life and i am so jealous. sometimes i would like to trade my paul in for a horse especially when he is a horse's a$$ !!!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!! Oh my, I am green with envy here! Your Dad is a wonderful, caring father to do something like that.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He's beautiful! What is the cutting line he is from? I have a few from cutting lines too! Good Luck, you will have the time of your life.

i will have to let you know. he's papered and the co-owner is filling those out for me today to give me when i give him the check. you'll probably know more about his father and grandfather being in the cutting business.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts